News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Windy City Match Thread

Started by KunDB, August 20, 2016, 12:35:38

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Big examination today at Stoke.

Come on City

KunDB

Caballero, Zabaleta (C), Kolarov, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero

Subs

Hart, Fernando, Maffeo, Nolito, Delph, Clichy, Iheanacho

Well Joe surely must know the score now.

KunDB

Great refereeing giving the penalty.

Great power and confidence from Aguero to score the penalty.

KunDB

Great to see Stoke under immense pressure for once.

KunDB

2 0

Aguero header.

I am enjoying this match thread, no arguments, no other posters lol.

gavin

Decent first half but no more. A bit fortunate to be two up. We need to show more control second half. The difference is still there though. Mainly in the way we make effort without the ball this season. No passengers.

lee

Quote from: gavin on August 20, 2016, 13:30:12
Decent first half but no more. A bit fortunate to be two up. We need to show more control second half. The difference is still there though. Mainly in the way we make effort without the ball this season. No passengers.

yup..no yaya

KunDB

We gift back Stoke a soft penalty.

lee

KunDB

Quote from: lee on August 20, 2016, 13:43:43
was never a penalty

I tried not to say that but if it was a penalty every touch inside the area will be a penalty.

Tougher second half, more scrappy from us but standing up to the test well so far. 15 to go.

KunDB

Sterling needs to toughen up and learn to shot on first sight.

KunDB

Did we just win 4 1 at the hell hole that is Stoke?

nimrod

How clever and cool is Kelechi ?

gavin

Excellent result. I always felt we weren't far from scoring. We will play a lot better but a good win at Stoke is great.

Victoria

Good performance by City and what I was impressed by is the fact that Sterling and Inacho were less selfish. Last season both would have gone for goal and screwed things up. Next. Sunday against West Ham is not going to be an easy game; I think City has the toughest start compared to the so-called big three. 😊

Moz1959

Quote from: Tori on August 20, 2016, 15:12:50
Good performance by City and what I was impressed by is the fact that Sterling and Inacho were less selfish. Last season both would have gone for goal and screwed things up. Next. Sunday against West Ham is not going to be an easy game; I think City has the toughest start compared to the so-called big three. 😊

Steaua Bucharest on Wednesday first.  ;)

KunDB

Sergio tweet:

"A very good victory on a tough playing ground. The team grows by the day and we should keep this pace. C'mon, City!"

I can envisage Sergio geting over 30 goals in the premier league this season.

bluebrendan

The good thing about these early wins is we can play a lot better, our passing was a bit scruffy in the 2nd half but Stoke were too poor to take advantage. Stones and Sterling are looking more like £90m worth of players than Pogba did last night.

Swiss

Quote from: lee on August 20, 2016, 13:43:43
was never a penalty

Nope, but the kolarov challenge earlier was so it evened out...

God match, onwards and upwards.

nimrod

Quote from: bluebrendan on August 20, 2016, 18:44:36
The good thing about these early wins is we can play a lot better, our passing was a bit scruffy in the 2nd half but Stoke were too poor to take advantage. Stones and Sterling are looking more like £90m worth of players than Pogba did last night.

Bet your new tv footie pundit/expert Rachel Rag Riley wouldn't agree with you Brendo