News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep vs Yaya and his agent

Started by The Blue Blooded Maniac, September 20, 2016, 15:53:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Swiss

If you take your present tense and turn it into past, i'd agree with you.

No one is taking away what he did for this club. He scored some great goals and some very important goals. I do miss the great Yaya, but he's a shadow of his former self and his time is up.

This is what we get now, a passenger on the pitch.

This is what he should still be like. but isn't.

To me, his agent fueling his ego and the lack of competition in the midfield caused him to become complacent 2 seasons ago and it's only gotten worse as time has gone on.

His attitude on the pitch is of someone who can't be arsed and was a big factor in us not controlling possession last season.

If he'd left 2 seasons ago, he'd have continued to be a hero, not a washed up player.

QuoteI feel very sorry for you. How do you get through life with such a negative outlook on history?
Come on, you're better than that! I'm not talking about the Yaya of history, I'm talking about the Yaya of now and hes a waste of a squad place.

I love the original Yaya, if we had him back then amazing.
I hate Yaya the new, completely different person.

The same thing happened to Richard Dunne. Absolutely loved him, but the time was right to move on. Yaya missed that time.

Gareth

Quote from: gavin on September 24, 2016, 11:34:53
You will remember a couple of mediocre seasons in a mediocre team over scoring the winning goals in FA Cup semi and final, goal/penalty in our League Cup final wins, key part in our first title win for decades and being the best player in another title win? I feel very sorry for you. How do you get through life with such a negative outlook on history? Forget all the bollocks, Yaya has been more than worth it. It is difficult to overstate his influence on our success really. It amazes me you can be so blind to it. Class player, now it is time for him to move on but don't forget what he has achieved. Just for the inspiration he gave in our win at Newcastle in the first title win he is a legend but there are so many other examples.

I'm with Gavin on this. Never seen anyone play quite the same way...

Swiss

I don't see what the problem is? Im not doubting what he did for us in the past. Just that he's become a turd that won't flush.

Gareth

I imagine Yaya probably thinks the same thing when he checks out Citymancs and sees you're still posting...

gavin

Players get old and shit that doesn't make their achievements worthless. Yes, his agent has been a plank and so has Yaya occasionally but it has mainly been laughable rather than actually greatly damaging. Who actually takes Yaya's agent seriously? He was being largley ignored until Pep chose to bring him right back into the limelight. I hope Pep learns from this.

As for Yaya, I still say his overall contribution has been great for City.

goat

Quote from: Gareth on September 24, 2016, 20:50:48
I imagine Yaya probably thinks the same thing when he checks out Citymancs and sees you're still posting...

yaya  is too lazy to sign up, probably has his agent reading the good  bits to  him

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on September 24, 2016, 22:30:40
Players get old and shit that doesn't make their achievements worthless. Yes, his agent has been a plank and so has Yaya occasionally but it has mainly been laughable rather than actually greatly damaging. Who actually takes Yaya's agent seriously? He was being largley ignored until Pep chose to bring him right back into the limelight. I hope Pep learns from this.

As for Yaya, I still say his overall contribution has been great for City.

Except when Yaya said he agreed with his agents comments.

clevblue

I think Yaya listens to the wrong people. He's probably not the sharpest knife in the box and his agent tries to take advantage of that. They both have massive egos that cause them problems wherever they go, but they always blame the clubs. I feel very sorry for Yaya but Pep is handling it and as much as I am grateful to Yaya, I will agree with PEP

KunDB

Yaya is a decent bloke, a City legend, but his agent is an absolute tool and not acting in Yaya's best interest. It's down to Yaya to shut him up or fire him but that just will not happen.

End of the day either way Yaya will not play, past his best and does not fit the Pep hard work team play ethos.

Seluk can carry on the sideshow but that is only damaging Yaya's image and legacy, a real shame. 

bry the guy

I think he has been a massive legend and alwas will be.

nimrod

Quote from: clevblue on September 25, 2016, 10:37:50
I think Yaya listens to the wrong people. He's probably not the sharpest knife in the box and his agent tries to take advantage of that. They both have massive egos that cause them problems wherever they go, but they always blame the clubs. I feel very sorry for Yaya but Pep is handling it and as much as I am grateful to Yaya, I will agree with PEP

Agree with clev

I'll always be grateful to people like yaya and Mancini for ripping down that's banner at the swamp

Legends yes