News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Absolutely brillant

Started by KunDB, October 30, 2016, 22:57:38

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

We are oh so blessed to have absolutely brillant Sergio Aguero (thanks to Abu Dhabi and Shiekh Mansour). What a joy to watch this world class striker playing for us.

STORY FROM OS:

Sergio Aguero’s goal scoring masterclass against West Brom on Saturday saw him increase his ranking in City’s all-time top goal scorer list.

The 28-year old struck twice in the first half in the 4-0 win to overtake one City legend and establish himself in the top 20 in another list.

Aguero’s first, a fine finish through the legs of Ben Foster, moved him to 148 goals for the Club and draw level with Francis Lee in sixth place in City’s all-time top goal scorer list.

His second, an unbelievable strike from 20 yards out, was his 149th in sky blue and saw him overtake Lee and moved him within three goals of Joe Hayes’ and Billy Meredith’s records.

The number ten now only needs four goals to tie, and five goals to overtake, City legend Colin Bell in third place, who amassed 153 goals in his 13-year spell at the Club.

Tommy Johnson is next up on the list with 166 goals in his ten years at City, whilst Eric Brook reigns supreme in first place with 177 goals for the Club.

Sergio’s double also had an effect on the Premier League’s all-time top goal scorers list with him moving up to 20th with 109 goals so far in his career in the top level of English football.

Aguero will now have Emile Heskey (109 goals) and Dion Dublin (110 goals) in his sights and will no doubt surpass them come the end of the 2016/17 season.

reddishblue

gavin

He is a special player indeed but he better sort his bloody pens if he wants to keep taking them!

goat

aguero is good shocker

fuckin hell

Swiss

Who the fuck let HEsky and Dublin Score that many goals!!!

goat

dublin had some good years, helps being 6 ft odd in long ball teams

fuck knows with hesky tho, i remember he managed to make litmanen look shit

Swiss

Meh. Ex rag!

I guess if people bang a ball at a lamp post it'll occasionally go where you want it!

goat

Swiss

Was a CB for them though wasn't he?

goat

lee

hesky spent more time on his arse than playing form what i remember