News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Club Record Equalled

Started by Zabba, December 26, 2014, 23:58:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Zabba

Most wins in a row NINE:
Set April 8 â€" September 28, 1912

Equalled by the current squad after todays win at the Hawthornes. Well done guys and all those behind the scenes who help the team. This shows real progress is being made.

A chance on Sunday to extend the record to 10, but take nothing for granted as Burnley are now finding their feet and fighting tooth and nail for every point.

clevblue

Now that's something special. I had no idea that was our situation. So this is the best side we've had for years - probably the best ever if you consider the opposition in 1912,  (not very good as I remember, buy my memory isn't geat any more I'm getting on a bit)

To quote the gaffer ""It's a very important month and a key week. We have to play for nine points. It's not the week that'll decide the Premier League, but it's important to be top of the table as soon as we can. That'll be an advantage for the second half of the season."

He's talking (and obviously thinking) exactly as he should be at this stage of the season, our situation without strikers and the fact that we are about to lose Yaya and Lampard (maybe) has an impact but we are a strong squad and should be able to keep up the pressure on the Chavs now that we've come this far. Anything can happen, but I do believe that our squad have great belief in Pelle and in each other, and that unifies City and creates a solid unit that can keep the Championship and show a standard that the others haven't quite reached, although they are close and getting closer.

Anything can happen, but, isn't it great?

gavin

What's great is that I don't think that this side is playing anywhere near its capabilities at the moment. Obviously we are missing big players. This is nothing to the form we could show if we get a number of our players on form at the same time.

citoeast

Quote from: gavin on December 27, 2014, 13:10:14
What's great is that I don't think that this side is playing anywhere near its capabilities at the moment. Obviously we are missing big players. This is nothing to the form we could show if we get a number of our players on form at the same time.

Yes it is so, so good to be playing and performing so well in the absence of so many of our first team players. Performance have been 80-90%, results have been 100%.   

Hopefully when CL starts again we will be firing on all cylinders and will be a formidable challenge for any team we meet, starting with Barcelona.

shandon

Nice way to not create a club record today  :-[

Zabba

I said in the opening post Burnley are fighting tooth and nail for every point and today showed it was true; sadly we were not. We had the foot of the pedal and paid the price.

gavin

Well done to the lads. Now go again and break it this time.

Zabba

Records are a curse and I am glad this distraction is out of the way now, so we can just concentrate on winning games and the PL.

gavin

No such thing as curses. We don't live in the dark ages. It is up to the players to go out and best it now. Though I might just accept another nine wins and a draw in the next ten  :D.