News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City @ Palace - Yaya starts!!!!

Started by gavin, November 19, 2016, 14:10:53

Previous topic - Next topic

bluebrendan

Made hard work of that, hopefully Yaya can keep that form going.

Aguero had a poor game, he should have done better with a couple of those crosses in the first half.

Swiss

Yaya should still be playing as a striker, not cm. But shows we're missing someone more direct who isn't afraid to shoot.

Rowley Birkin QC

Didn't stay up for this one. Not on live TV here, and I wasn't well - so went to bed. Very amused (and felt a lot better) when I saw the scoreline this morning! Good old Yaya.

Did he run much?  :D

gavin

He looked a lot fitter and did run quite a bit. But most importantly he knows where the goal is and was determined to trouble it. Quite a few had 'mares today. Sergio, KDB and Kolarov being those that spring immediately to mind. Yaya himself hit a few poor passes but his effective and trusty use of the ball was apparent to a large extent as well. It was a good three points but I can't say I enjoyed the game much. It was an ageing game to watch especially after the Boro experience. I need a couple of comfortable victories now please.

Rowley Birkin QC

Yes, I yearn for a few comfortable wins!

Even so, I look forward to watching the replay when they eventually show it down here. Yaya's fading mobility was a problem last season against quality high tempo passing sides and I'd still be wary of starting with him in those crunch games - but it crossed my mind watching the Boro game that Yaya is one of the few players we have who knows how to unlock these opponents who park the bus. (And also his free kicks come into the equation in these type of games)

KunDB

A different Yaya today. Run himself into the ground and totally effective in front of the opposition goal. Fit as a fiddle and looking like the best of Yaya. A joy to watch. Shame about some others mind.

Neil Mcnab

A performance Pep would not have liked. Cant sniff at an away win though.

Swiss

Quote from: gavin on November 19, 2016, 21:43:21
He looked a lot fitter and did run quite a bit. But most importantly he knows where the goal is and was determined to trouble it. Quite a few had 'mares today. Sergio, KDB and Kolarov being those that spring immediately to mind. Yaya himself hit a few poor passes but his effective and trusty use of the ball was apparent to a large extent as well. It was a good three points but I can't say I enjoyed the game much. It was an ageing game to watch especially after the Boro experience. I need a couple of comfortable victories now please.

Yep, first thing I noticed was how skinny he was.
Did his best work around the palace box. A few nice 1-2's and could have had a penalty.

Ludo

The stats say he ran more than 10km.

10 kilometres.....Yaya.....running....

gavin

He's going to be very useful in the coming months if his agent can keep it shut. And creating Pep a difficult decision when it comes to naming the Chumps League squad again. We've got Jesus to add too possibly.

Swiss

Do you reckon J. Navas will move on and G. Jesus will take his squad place?

zacc

Quote from: Swiss on November 22, 2016, 00:35:04
Do you reckon J. Navas will move on and G. Jesus will take his squad place?

One of the players pep has inherited, his buys look like Navas will be moved on but probably in the summer.
Even Navas has improved his crossing under Pep  no question about his fitness just need the headless behaviour turned into
constructive play.