News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep

Started by Paddy, December 11, 2016, 01:56:46

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I don't doubt that Joe Hart would have done better with some of the goals of late actually. Though many of the people saying that he should be brought back were not long since complaining that his distribution is shite. Either Bravo must improve his shot stopping incredibly, Joe must improve with his feet immensely, or we must find another keeper.

goat

bravo is wrong side of 30 anyway so a keeper must be on shopping list

odd we even got bravo seeing as we went to get ter stegen.wouldnt send this lot to the spar for me, fuck knows what they would bring back

Ludo

Even with a Nectar card they'd have trouble picking up 3pts

Neil Mcnab

To say we dont need to buy big in the tranfermarket is clearly wrong. We have one OK CB and a good CB, but still learning. The rest is a crock and the U21s.

Full/wing backs are all energy these days, just as ours are losing theirs.

Short of cover in CM.

The GK at the very least needs competition for the place. There are some problems with Bravo. He isnt as good with his feet as expected. His positioning isnt great either, a sweeper keeper, struggling. As for shot stopping, could improve there as well. Organising the defence, errr.

Thats just the start.

In the upcoming window a CB would be a start. They need to hit the ground running, with no settling in period of 6 months or a season. They will need to be available for the chumps league as well.

gavin

Looks like you could could be disappointed. Apparently we only need the already incoming striker...

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/12/12/txiki-begiristain-confirms-manchester-citys-january-transfer-plans/

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on December 12, 2016, 20:16:31
Looks like you could could be disappointed. Apparently we only need the already incoming striker...

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/12/12/txiki-begiristain-confirms-manchester-citys-january-transfer-plans/

I watched that interview on BT Sport. He's not exactly going to say "yeah, we want lots of players, in particular left back because clichy and kolarov are shit".

gavin

I actually think that Pep genuinely rates Kolarov.

Neil Mcnab

I hope its the "keeping the cards close to the chest", rather than its all perfect and we are done.

Lekos

Quote from: gavin on December 12, 2016, 21:15:59

Maybe, but just not as a player that needs to defend anything at any time I hope.

lee

Quote from: gavin on December 12, 2016, 21:15:59

must admire the ink on his arms

KunDB

Look back at the first 10 games and against Barca at the Etihad and for large parts against Chelsea. That is what we can and will achieve. Did fans really expect no bedding in or bumps along the road to improving.

Bravo is a worry because he is 30 and has little room for improvement and is suspect all round, however it may be down to first season syndrome.

Kolarov has reverted to type.

zacc

Quote from: goat on December 12, 2016, 13:58:50
bravo is wrong side of 30 anyway so a keeper must be on shopping list

odd we even got bravo seeing as we went to get ter stegen.wouldnt send this lot to the spar for me, fuck knows what they would bring back

love the fact you still have Spar down your way blast from my past!

Lekos

Quote from: zacc on December 13, 2016, 10:32:59
love the fact you still have Spar down your way blast from my past!

Wales isn't it. 30 odd years behind in general.

:D

zacc

Quote from: Lekos on December 13, 2016, 14:25:15
Wales isn't it. 30 odd years behind in general.

got friends live near Ross on Wye and Spars are down there too mind it is next door to Wales boyo.

back to topic think Pep should show a video of the toffee game played tonight show players what grit & determination is about.

Gareth

Quote from: zacc on December 13, 2016, 22:12:43
back to topic think Pep should show a video of the toffee game played tonight show players what grit & determination is about.

Well, seeing as Arsenal visit at the w/e they probably will be watching the video from last night. But do we really think he'll be doing it to show players what grit & determination is about? Seems a bit unlikely to me.

I would've thought he's more likely to be pointing out what Arsenal did wrong in letting themselves get beat by an inferior side who went at it, which might be a handy lesson for tonight...

zacc

Quote from: zacc on December 13, 2016, 22:12:43

Quote from: Gareth on December 14, 2016, 05:59:23
Well, seeing as Arsenal visit at the w/e they probably will be watching the video from last night. But do we really think he'll be doing it to show players what grit & determination is about? Seems a bit unlikely to me.

I would've thought he's more likely to be pointing out what Arsenal did wrong in letting themselves get beat by an inferior side who went at it, which might be a handy lesson for tonight...

True but would also like to see more spirit from City players. It did show it upset Arsenal's rhythm which is what other teams have been doing to City lately. Course it's all about opinions eh? ;)

Gareth

Quote from: zacc on December 14, 2016, 16:27:49

True but would also like to see more spirit from City players. It did show it upset Arsenal's rhythm which is what other teams have been doing to City lately. Course it's all about opinions eh? ;)

No, I agree with you; I just get the impression that grit and determination are a bit beneath Pep.

zacc

Quote from: Gareth on December 14, 2016, 17:59:39
No, I agree with you; I just get the impression that grit and determination are a bit beneath Pep.

Maybe,  so far playing the "beautiful" game hasn't required quite that quality, EPL does so like all foreign managers a steep learning curve. I would like to see him be able to convert more of his style of playing to City as it seems other foreign managers are also trying to bring here.
Have to say he did say from the outset he's got to learn see how his style works, but I reckon he's underestimated the likes of Sunderland Stoke or  similar!!

KunDB

Quote from: zacc on December 14, 2016, 19:40:08
Maybe,  so far playing the "beautiful" game hasn't required quite that quality, EPL does so like all foreign managers a steep learning curve. I would like to see him be able to convert more of his style of playing to City as it seems other foreign managers are also trying to bring here.
Have to say he did say from the outset he's got to learn see how his style works, but I reckon he's underestimated the likes of Sunderland Stoke or  similar!!

Pep has not underestimated the 'hoof and boot' PL football. The deluded media and closed football ranks just want us all to believe that and that PL football is the best in the world. Absolute marketing tosh.

Pep will come through may take more time and a deep cleanse of some players but his style will win the day.

zacc

Quote from: Zabba on December 14, 2016, 19:57:44
Pep has not underestimated the 'hoof and boot' PL football. The deluded media and closed football ranks just want us all to believe that and that PL football is the best in the world. Absolute marketing tosh.

Pep will come through may take more time and a deep cleanse of some players but his style will win the day.

ok maybe not underestimated, but games such as ones v WBA, Stoke or Sunderland will be new to him.
Obviously I don't get taken in by the media deluded or otherwise cos their job is to stir.
I agree Pep will come good after all this season he's inherited players so will bring in ones, some from the youth who will improve at producing his style of play.
I'm enjoying the fact we even have a manager like Pep we can discuss, sky blue everywhere love it.