News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep

Started by Paddy, December 11, 2016, 01:56:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Needs to change his tactics, cannot keep changing the team week in week out. Premier much more intense than Spanish and German leagues, they play a more open game and have only four or five competing teams in each league

Ludo

I think we can put this season down to experience, even top 4 might be a stretch at this point, and concentrate over the next couple of transfer windows on bringing in tried and trusted defenders and getting rid of the deadwood in the squad. At the minute our defence lacks pace, composure and a leader.

I'm not sure it's the tactics that are wrong we simply lack the personnel to cope with them.

gavin

We can get on a good run again and challenge. He had to make three changes this week because of suspensions. We might not win the title this year but we'll certainly improve from this. It could be a good time of the season to struggle really. If can get going again over Christmas we'll get back in it.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Ludo on December 11, 2016, 08:07:12
I'm not sure it's the tactics that are wrong we simply lack the personnel to cope with them.

Exactly that IMO.

And like Gavin, I don't think this season is a lost cause yet.

Mike

I've no doubt huardiola and his plans will come good when he's bought nearly a whole new team. What i want in the meantime is for him to show some flexibility and adapt the system to fit the players we have and the opponent we're facing. That is to say 'real world' old-school football management, not fantasy league.

Mike

'Guardiola' even!

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on December 11, 2016, 08:07:12

I agree too. Out of our current squad, I reckon you could reduce it by half!

Pep's Long term plan after this season???

Sterling ------Aguero------G.Jesus
----------KDB---------(CCM)----------
----------Gundog---(ARCM)------------
(LWB)-------------------------------(RWB)
----------Stones--------(CB)------------
-----------------(GK)-----------------

Squad utilisation
Sané
Otamendi
Iheanacho
Silva (30+)
Fernandinho (30+)
Nolito (30+)
Bravo (30+) - (Cause Pep loves him! but only as a second choice from next season!)

13 x First Teamers in 25 man squad. Room for 12 more players o_O

Youth team players that could possibly be used but don't count for the 25 man squad rules.
Maffeo
Angelino
M. Garcia
A. Garcia
T. Adarabioyo
B. Diaz
A. Gunn

So that's 1 more CCM (Creative CM) - (Passer/ Mover and Creator) - Unless we can utilise B. Diaz next season.

With Fernandinho turning 32 before the start of next seaon, we need to start thinking of a long term solution for the ARCM (All-Round CM) but still keep him in the squad. The Garcia's could be utilised, but another CM or two is on the cards for Pep!

2 to 4 new Wing backs depending on budget

A new CB with OTa and Tosin providing backup

And a new GK please :D

Victoria

I said last week that Pep should change his tactics and he has not! You all criticize the players and hope things change when he buys new players: got news for you: it won't. The players City have are good enough, it is PePs system that is all wrong. I shall be blunt: Pep is ignorant of the strength of the Premier League and too arrogant to change his system. Pep is vastly becoming and expensive white Elephant. the last five home games have resulted in four draws and one defeat: that's a red flag if ever there was one. The last two league games: defeats! no way is this system working! his system confuses the players, City do not need new players, City need a new manager that is not arrogant or ignorant of the premier league.

Gareth

Quote from: Swiss on December 11, 2016, 14:13:28
I agree too. Out of our current squad, I reckon you could reduce it by half!

Pep's Long term plan after this season???

Sterling ------Aguero------G.Jesus
----------KDB---------(CCM)----------
----------Gundog---(ARCM)------------
(LWB)-------------------------------(RWB)
----------Stones--------(CB)------------
-----------------(GK)-----------------

Is that a proposed line-up for the long-term plan? Twelve players seems like a good idea.

Ludo

Quote from: Tori on December 11, 2016, 14:18:25
City do not need new players, City need a new manager that is not arrogant or ignorant of the premier league.

I don't think it's arrogance on Pep's behalf, maybe a bit of pigheadedness yes, but it's a simple enough philosophy - pass the ball to someone in the same coloured shirt and move in order to get it back again then, when don't have it, work hard to get it back.

Our passing is far from sharp and our work rate is poor off the ball. But he can't improve a lot of that while players like Kolarov and Fernando still get game time and others, like Zabba, have seen better days.

andy1966

Quote from: Paddy on December 11, 2016, 01:56:46
Needs to change his tactics, cannot keep changing the team week in week out. Premier much more intense than Spanish and German leagues, they play a more open game and have only four or five competing teams in each league

The one change he needs to make ,but doesn't is Claudio Bozo

andy1966

Quote from: Tori on December 11, 2016, 14:18:25
I said last week that Pep should change his tactics and he has not! You all criticize the players and hope things change when he buys new players: got news for you: it won't. The players City have are good enough, it is PePs system that is all wrong. I shall be blunt: Pep is ignorant of the strength of the Premier League and too arrogant to change his system. Pep is vastly becoming and expensive white Elephant. the last five home games have resulted in four draws and one defeat: that's a red flag if ever there was one. The last two league games: defeats! no way is this system working! his system confuses the players, City do not need new players, City need a new manager that is not arrogant or ignorant of the premier league.
I tend to agree , & just to think we can keep buying our way out of trouble is not the answer , we have world class players , that gradually have stop playing

Victoria

the players have not stopped playing, it is that they are confused as they play, left and right backs up field, central midfield up field, both leaving large gaps at the back which have been exploited. the commentators here call Prep's strategy "at risk' it sure as hell is and is failing. City cannot buy buy their way out of trouble, Pep's strategy needs tweaking or more understanding -better communication? the Rag bastards have spent big these past years and look where they are - buying players is not the answer here  however, getting rid of Bravo would be a step in the right direction.

gavin

Pep must persevere with his overall plan in my opinion. It seems to me that it can and will work. A mixture of poor play and poor fortune is costing us at the moment. You could be right about the keeper, but I don't think getting Joe back is the answer either. We need someone who can save and do what Pep wants with his feet.

We were better than Chelsea who are the best team in the division at the moment but didn't finish them off. Same with Everton and Boro. With those points we'd be at the top. You can't convince me that we didn't have the chances that should have won those games.

Pep is right, we just aren't good enough in both boxes at the moment. We had an outright stinker in those first few minutes at Leicester. But we are also having a spell where everything that leaves the opposition boot in the box flies in.

Rowley Birkin QC

Too many people panicking.

zacc

think the popular expression is "it's a work in progress"

Ludo

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 11, 2016, 21:16:35
Too many people panicking.

Yes you're right.

Pep should tell the back 4 to calm down.

Rowley Birkin QC

Paul lakes knee

Not sure about that-  we played very badly for large parts of the Leicester game, large parts of the Spurs game and the last half an hour of the Chelsea game usig Pep's tactics.

Look at it in the cold light of day that's not too bad for a manager taking over a new team, no?

We should have 7 points more than we do ( Everton's goalie had the game of his life against us and has been shite ever since) we should have been 2 or 3 up vs Chelsea before De Bruyne's miss and Boro should never have gotten that equaliser.

As usual City fans look or a scapegoat and it is Bravo at the minute- seems to take keepers a longer time to assimilate to the Prem than outfield players maybe? Joe Hart- goodish shot stopper but very poor down to his left hand side and atrocious distribution, never really gonna be a Pep player.

I guess there were very good reasons that he tried hard for Laporte and Bonucci (in addition to Stones) in the summer.

goat

Quote from: Paul lakes knee on December 12, 2016, 09:26:05

As usual City fans look or a scapegoat and it is Bravo

guessing your twitter is full of the bring back hart bellends too