News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Jesus

Started by Ludo, December 27, 2016, 17:58:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

When is he eligible to play and is he even in the country?

KunDB

He has been in the country since early December and I believe he is eligible from first day of the January transfer window.

Ludo

I thought I'd read he'd gone back to Brazil for while and I thought he might have featured in some of those training ground videos and photos we see on the OS.

KunDB

Probably right Ludo but I imagine he will be here ready to go from day 1.

Swiss

he did go back to Brazil, he featured in a Charity match for the plane crash rememberance

bry the guy

They shown him on TV in one of the boxes at the last game.

KunDB

Per MEN - Gabriel Jesus is due to arrive in the UK on January 2

bry the guy

He was at the last game.

gavin

I hope people give the lad a bit of time. The hype on him is a bit much really. He's just a promising kid.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on December 30, 2016, 20:49:57
I hope people give the lad a bit of time. The hype on him is a bit much really. He's just a promising kid.

I agree with the sentiment but this kid is a bit special and does not play like a kid.

Lets hope he achieves his potential. Normally I am a sceptic but with GJ I am full of hope.

Swiss

We have a few promising talents that need time.

Iheanacho
Sterling
Sané
Stones

Then those that are trying to break through the youth team.

Neil Mcnab

Iheanacho needs to move on for games and his own development. Buy back clause and follow on fee needed.

gavin

Lets see what happens in the rest of the season. Football is a fickle game. At the moment Jesus really does look the business. Better than Aguero with his tackling back and his play in midfield. Both his assists were fantastic goals. But a couple of injuries and Nacho could be back in and get on a scoring run. Nacho will be a great goalscorer somewhere I'm sure if not at City. All this talk of Sergio being off is silly at the moment also. He will definitely get numerous chances before the end of the season. Every decent squad needs a few good strikers. I still think a sustained run without Costa would see Chelsea struggle.

Swiss

I see nacho as a 6 yard striker. His touch and passing aren't great (better than Dzeko), but he is an important squad member for us and adds that something a little bit different.

Gareth

Quote from: Swiss on February 04, 2017, 20:23:18
I see nacho as a 6 yard striker. His touch and passing aren't great (better than Dzeko), but he is an important squad member for us and adds that something a little bit different.

If that's the way Pep sees him then I'd've thought there's no future for him at City. What teams these days can afford the luxury of a 6 yard striker? Celtic?

gavin

6 yard strikers still have a place in most teams. But now you come to mention it probably not Pep's. Nacho's all round play wasn't that successful though he did try. Jesus has looked a bloody good footballer in every department.

Gareth

Personally I think he's better than that, or at least has the potential to become better. I was just pointing out what I thought was the likely outcome if Pep agrees with Swiss.

goat

already done more for the club than the other jesus we have knocking around