News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

FA looking in to comments by Sagna.

Started by bannblue, January 03, 2017, 13:55:20

Previous topic - Next topic

bannblue

Bacary Sagna: Man City defender must explain '10 against 12' Instagram post http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38498059

KunDB

Good, I hope he explains that when a referee is failing to do his job and protect your teammates from foul after foul, and you are down to 10 men, it feels more like playing against 12 men than the eleven you are actually playing against as one of your mates seems to be constantly out of the game injuried. Of course they will then ask for an explanation of that as well.

Let them punish if they will it is about time we made our feelings on referees apparent.

gavin

Although I agree that the ref had a stinker, one of his main fuck ups was not sending off Sagna for booting a Burnley player after their goal.

KunDB

"10 against 12.. but still fighting and winning as a team #together #mancity #youfreetothinkwhateveryouwant," Sagna posted on Instagram.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on January 03, 2017, 14:03:46
Although I agree that the ref had a stinker, one of his main fuck ups was not sending off Sagna for booting a Burnley player after their goal.

Two wrongs do not make a right. Said at the time Sagna should have been sent off and our discipline was bad. Also being sayng for ages our players get zero protection from referees and zero benefit of the doubt.

zacc

Players feeling getting no protection so take matters in their own hands (not right) which is not usual for City players.
Case of worm turning syndrome methinks

KunDB

Quote from: Zabba on January 03, 2017, 14:04:50
"10 against 12.. but still fighting and winning as a team #together #mancity #youfreetothinkwhateveryouwant," Sagna posted on Instagram.

Perhaps the FA should ask Skysports to explain their story reporting on the FA asking Sagna to explain his tweet?

Skysports headline - Bacary Sagna asked to explain comments about referee Lee Mason to FA
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/10716858/bacary-sagna-asked-to-explain-comments-about-referee-lee-mason-to-fa

How can Sky say this? It is not fact just pure speculation (He might say I was referring to the Burnley crowd being their 12th man as City fans were so quiet or he might say I took it down when I realised I made a typo error, who knows).

Sagna has not explained yet Sky have condemned him, does their contract allow Sky to bring football into disrepute.

gavin

I reckon it is pretty obvious what he meant.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on January 03, 2017, 21:03:42
I reckon it is pretty obvious what he meant.

So do most, but ten why ask for an explanation and what will they do if they get another plausible one (e.g. Burnley crowd was their 12th man). After all Pep was calling the City crowd to up their game during the match.

Guess what they will ignore that and say we do not accept your explanation Mr. Sagna we had aready decided what it meant (due process?).

Gareth

Quote from: Zabba on January 04, 2017, 06:24:01
Guess what they will ignore that and say we do not accept your explanation Mr. Sagna Sky had aready decided what it meant (due process?).

That's your due process.

Swiss

We all know what it meant, no getting around it!

KunDB

He has been charged now. Good time to set out his concern the referee had a bias against City.

Nothing to lose now he has been formally charged and asked to respond, just tell them Mason has a bias against City and failed to referee the match fairly in his opinion. Sagna has a right to state anything in his defence submission.

Ludo

Yes he could say that but then he'd be a dick.

He'll get a fine and walk away happy.

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on January 10, 2017, 20:12:30
Yes he could say that but then he'd be a dick.

He'll get a fine and walk away happy.

Happy?

I think we can safely presume Sagna, Pep and the team think the referees (Mason in particular) are not doing their job properly and fairly.

Why not just say it as it is, either way you get a fine?

Ludo

If he starts accusing a ref of cheating without any evidence he'll get a lot more than a fine and if City are seen to back him in those accusations them it could get worse.

We've got to get away from this "poor us" thinking. During that game (v Burnley) Fernandinho deserved to be sent off and Sagna was lucky not to be as well; against West Ham we were lucky not to give away a penalty at 1-0.  If we play to our potential every week, put the ball in the net then we won't have to worry about the ref.

KunDB

Ok then maybe he could just point out that the FA's actions are inconsistent.

Wayne Rooney mouths 12 men into camera and FA decide to just issue him with a warning no misconduct charge - 2009

The FA treated Wayne 'The Leg End' Rooney different for doing effectively the same thing. When asked to explain inconsistent approach FA have not responded.

KunDB

A £40,000 fine for Sagna, who pleaded guilty and has a previous clear record and quickly deleted the post.

Price he is paying for following Ludo's advice (plead guilty and get a fine and walk away happy) rather than mine? Could they have been any harsher? I doubt they could.

No one could call this fair when compared to previous action by the FA. A clear anti-City agenda, barely disguised.

Article Link

Ludo

He got a £40k fine for being an arse.

I can only imagine what he might have got if he'd made unsubstantiated allegations of corruption against an official.

KunDB

Quote from: Ludo on January 17, 2017, 15:57:13
He got a £40k fine for being an arse.

I can only imagine what he might have got if he'd made unsubstantiated allegations of corruption against an official.

A £40k fine you are allowed under due process to state your case. Even if that is you stating you believe the referee was biased.

Ludo

I'm not sure what the sanction would be but I'm sure a charge of 'bringing the game into disrepute' would be a bigger fine and/or a suspension.