News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City at home to a bigger club (Spuds)

Started by KunDB, January 21, 2017, 17:24:33

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Push, penalty, red card and blatant. The referee and lineman to blame.

3 1 up game over.

Swiss

It was more the comment of pep.

yer, defence was pap, but i think today it mostly stemmed from clichy

KunDB

When the defence is called upon to excel they just are not good enough, nowhere near but that is not the reason we drew today. Officials are the main reason.

gavin

City played very well today. Yet again didn't take our chances though and they scored all theirs. It's a very familiar refrain. Ref was abysmal.

Victoria

Quote from: gavin on January 21, 2017, 19:54:28
City played very well today. Yet again didn't take our chances though and they scored all theirs. It's a very familiar refrain. Ref was abysmal.
Happens a lot this abysmal reffing when City play London clubs: remember Chelsea?should of had a penalty and side-show Bob sent off; so I'll say it, today was 10 against 12( I am not counting Bravo as he contributes nothing to the team); so if the FA want to sue me: feel free😈

KunDB

An awful lot of positives today especially Jesus replacing Sterling. Pacey and packing a finish which Sterling does not and never will. I'm now hopeful for the rest of the season espeicially if we buy a central defender.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on January 21, 2017, 22:13:41
An awful lot of positives today especially Jesus replacing Sterling. Pacey and packing a finish which Sterling does not and never will. I'm now hopeful for the rest of the season espeicially if we buy a central defender.
So why did he only get 10 minutes?

Lekos

Brazilian league ended around mid December. He's more or less just had a pre season and looks like they are just easing him in.

Lekos

Just watched the highlights; cheers Lloris. Should have had a penno. Shame Jesus couldn't stay onside. WTF was Clichy doing for their first goal? He could have easily got to that ball first.

Neil Mcnab

We created plenty, enough to put the game out of reach. KDB and Sane were superb. Referee did us no favours. The transfer window closes in 9 days, are we signing anyone who will make a difference?

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on January 22, 2017, 09:37:42
Just watched the highlights; cheers Lloris. Should have had a penno. Shame Jesus couldn't stay onside. WTF was Clichy doing for their first goal? He could have easily got to that ball first.
I thought that too, lazy twot

nimrod

City looked like pellers was in charge

Great attack shit defense

gavin

Except for the most part the defence was good! The opposition only had two chances. Against a decent team that's not too bad. Unless you concede to them both of course.

Rowley Birkin QC

I've said it before - Spurs have always been a lucky club.

Swiss

Quote from: Lekos on January 22, 2017, 09:37:42
WTF was Clichy doing for their first goal? He could have easily got to that ball first.

My thoughts too. I've never rated Clichy good enough for a top 4 team. He offers nothing in attack and he's an average defender. All he had was pace and now he's losing that.

KunDB

Clichy was about half the distance from the ball compared to the Spurs attacker but inexplicaby showed no desire to go get it. Fire him.

As for the Sterling (Non) Penalty the Referee Marriner was like a slow lumbering overweight plough horse all day and the break was just to fast for him. He was left trailing well behind and out of position when the blatant foul occurred. Now the linesman was equally as bad, when the pass was made beautifully he started running but he was well outpaced and was not much better than the helf way position between the half way line and deadball line. Meaning, he had most likely an obstructed view of the incident as Walker was in his line of sight.

In short, two unfit incompetent officials turned the game on its head. If they are not fit, too fat, too slow then they should be shown the door.

IMHO if it was Utd or Liverpool or Arsenal they would have taken a punt on the decision and give it as a penalty pronto tonto.

nimrod

I know you reckon refs are against us Zabba but I don't see it
An example is......Our first goal was handball

Sterling had already took a dive in the game and refs don't give him decisions because he does it quite often.

And the ref didn't see the sneaky push, he can't run as fast as the ball

Lekos

Assistant should have been up with play and helped him out. Thought that's what they were there for.

KunDB

Of course he cannot run as fast as the ball but have you watched him trying to run. Take a look at the video of the game and just watch Marriner.

By any standard he is slow and unfit, for which we paid the price.

gavin

He saw the not so sneaky push by Alli and just gave a yellow. It was a clear red. 5 minutes later he scored.