News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City at home to Swans

Started by KunDB, February 05, 2017, 12:31:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

KunDB

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on February 05, 2017, 16:12:14
A game of two halves.. Swansea fighting to stay in the league. Jesus was excellent, Silva better. Hope its not going to be a sorry end to Kuns career with us.

Jesus shows the sharpness Sergio always did. I am confident Sergio will return to his usual explosive form amd we will have a dual threat up front that will frighten most teams.

KunDB

Pep said "we are not stable enough to play 90 mins"

Sane is a star as well as Jesus. Silva is pure magic.

Ludo

For what it's worth I think Zabba's right.

We should have been away and clear in the first half and we started the second half as if we were. We allowed Swansea to play better.

KunDB

Thank God we won Leicester losing to Utd just coming up to half-time. If Leicester are relegated it will be the first time champions relegated since 1938 (Man City).

Neil Mcnab

Sane takes it past a defender or two, to get in a decent position to pass. But, he then has the ability and nous to take it past another defender to get in an even better position to provide an assist. 

KunDB

From official site: "“We were close to not winning the game,” said Pep. “I think over the 90 minutes we deserved to win but the gap between our first half display and our second was too big."

It is hard not to disagree with that, but it is harder to explain why it happens (teh quality of pour performance in the two halves being so completely different).

gavin

Swansea played better second half and we played worse. The game should have been over at half time anyway. Just a big relief that this time it didn't cost us the points. I was immensely pissed off until the winner.

lee

Quote from: Zabba on February 05, 2017, 16:43:18
Thank God we won Leicester losing to Utd just coming up to half-time. If Leicester are relegated it will be the first time champions relegated since 1938 (Man City).

Manchester City please :)

Swiss

Swans goal should have been tilled offside imo. Their player was stood right in the path of the ball and had to move to get out of the way! Willy should have done better though.

And our second. Clichy did take the free kick with a moving ball.
The ref could have booked more players on both teams for cynical fouls.
Sterling should have had a penalty, again. But the ref booked him, again...

I think a more accurate result would have been 1-0 to city.

Zab, sometimes you have to trust in your teams to get it right.
Pep is trying to drill into those players the way he wants them to play. And sometimes he has to make a change.
We wasted a few good chances again today.

nimrod

Quote from: Swiss on February 05, 2017, 23:52:45
Swans goal should have been tilled offside imo. Their player was stood right in the path of the ball and had to move to get out of the way! Willy should have done better though.

And our second. Clichy did take the free kick with a moving ball.
The ref could have booked more players on both teams for cynical fouls.
Sterling should have had a penalty, again. But the ref booked him, again...

I think a more accurate result would have been 1-0 to city.

Zab, sometimes you have to trust in your teams to get it right.
Pep is trying to drill into those players the way he wants them to play. And sometimes he has to make a change.
We wasted a few good chances again today.

Think Willy had his view blocked by Dier who was clearly interfering with play in an offside position.

Hard to say whether Raheem was clipped but he has been diving a bit so maybe this influenced the ref.

Good result in the end, hope zabbas blood pressure has normalised now.  :D

Ludo

It would have been harsh on Swansea if their goal had been called for offside. I'm thinking of our goal v Arsenal when silva was in a similar position. Willy's view was probably blocked more by Stones than Dyer.

One thing I did notice yesterday was the de Bruyne and Silva have become very prone to throwing their hands up in frustration at silly decisions rather than getting back into position. It happened Dave at a throw in about a minute before Swansea scored.

KunDB

Quote from: nimrod on February 06, 2017, 01:14:05
Think Willy had his view blocked by Dier who was clearly interfering with play in an offside position.

Hard to say whether Raheem was clipped but he has been diving a bit so maybe this influenced the ref.

Good result in the end, hope zabbas blood pressure has normalised now:D

Believe me, even with multiple medication my BP is sky high. I can only dream about being calm and collected while watching City.

As Swiss said it is a work in progress for Pep, one he will get right sooner rather than later.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on February 05, 2017, 22:30:17
Manchester City please :)

I'll give you that one as I hate the website becoming Man City and now they have me at it as well.

nimrod

Quote from: Zabba on February 06, 2017, 19:06:16
Believe me, even with multiple medication my BP is sky high. I can only dream about being calm and collected while watching City.

As Swiss said it is a work in progress for Pep, one he will get right sooner rather than later.
be careful, my Science teacher from school died of a heart attack whilst watching City

gavin

I'm not sure about the mancity business either. I prefer mcfc as a shorthand. Dunno why we need to jettison the fc like the rags did. Its not a big thing but for me it weakens the brand not strengthen it. We should be emphasising that we are all about football not like the rags. But there is little doubt that the key will be to win things playing the best football in the world not in wording on badges or websites.