News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Predicting Pep's teams

Started by gavin, February 09, 2017, 14:58:03

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Almost impossible. Just when you think he will never drop Claudio he does it. Just when you think we are getting a stable back four he drops the right back, keeps the second right back on the bench and plays a midfielder there. I don't think anybody really thought that Kolarov would play centre back let alone often be the preferred choice there, or be the player that has played most games this season. I didn't think he would drop Sergio no matter the impact of Jesus even though he had done it at Barca for tactical reasons. There is no doubt he does what he wants regardless and often times it is in complete contradiction to whjat the rest of the world thinks. I'm getting used to shock when reading the team an hour before the game off the club's twitter feed.

KunDB

Pep knows what he wants and goes for it. He has tested every City player now and knows what they can or cannot do. He knows who fits and who doesn't fit. If you don't work 90 mins your out. That's why Aguero may just be disposable come the summer. One thing I am certain of is Pep will bring us success like never before. 

Neil Mcnab

The more players he chooses and brings in, perhaps the team will be less unpredictable. That will be more the case after the summer. Anyway, it keeps the players on their toes.

I hope the players in defense are settled, eventually, because history shows that works. 

zacc

Quote from: gavin on February 09, 2017, 14:58:03
Almost impossible. Just when you think he will never drop Claudio he does it. Just when you think we are getting a stable back four he drops the right back, keeps the second right back on the bench and plays a midfielder there. I don't think anybody really thought that Kolarov would play centre back let alone often be the preferred choice there, or be the player that has played most games this season. I didn't think he would drop Sergio no matter the impact of Jesus even though he had done it at Barca for tactical reasons. There is no doubt he does what he wants regardless and often times it is in complete contradiction to whjat the rest of the world thinks. I'm getting used to shock when reading the team an hour before the game off the club's twitter feed.

guess that's what's called managing the team

Ludo

I've givens up trying to work out what goes through Pep's head when it comes to team selections.

Even tonight I'm thinking ''WHAT THE F*CK'

Gareth

Well, I don't think he's started the same XI twice in a row, so no wonder it's hard to predict.