News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Champs league keepers

Started by Paddy, February 22, 2017, 20:59:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Has anyone noticed that almost all of the teams in the champs league have good goalkeepers : Kasper; anyone think he is better than HartcChamp

gavin

I'd probably favour Joe over Kasper but maybe through bias. I don't think there's much in it as there wasn't in the days they were competing at City. Both are decent keepers. But there's not many true world class keepers about and those that are are aging. Of course it is now complicated by the fact that we want a footballer too now....

Paddy

I hought Kasper was instrumental in leics prem title

Swiss

I'd have Kasper back.
Has a good pass ratio (pep) and is a decent shot stopper/ presence.

I don't think there is anyone around atm of buffon (prime) class.

goat

neuer

missed out on isaksson on a free at start of  season, he could be alright

Swiss

Quote from: goat on February 23, 2017, 12:08:51
neuer

missed out on isaksson on a free at start of  season, he could be alright

I'm not sure Neuer is of Buffon class. I've seen him be as much a donkey as Hart at times.

gavin

Fucking Isaksson was bobbins. Get over it!

goat

when djurgarden win champs league in a couple of years with him ill remind you of that

goat

Quote from: Swiss on February 23, 2017, 19:26:12
I'm not sure Neuer is of Buffon class. I've seen him be as much a donkey as Hart at times.

but  you like muse

Swiss

And you like morrissey, we all make bad decisions

gavin

Is liking music a decision? I tend to either like it or not naturally without thinking. I can't remember choosing to be a city fan either. It just happened before I had any sense. Of course it was a good thing but I can't say it was my decision. Choosing a keeper is a decision to take. But even then many are ruled by their heart in choosing Joe these days. Even when they criticised him for his distribution. We need another new keeper I'm afraid. But I can't decide who!

Swiss

Hesperus

It's a problem of Peps making unfortunately. We've gone from a situation of having a good keeper, not the best but a good one despite his limitations to having two average keepers.

To buy a top notch keeper we'll be looking at upwards of £50 million. We really should have kept Joe and spent that money on better defenders which was the real problem area. Now we'll have to spend big on the defence and keeper!

gavin

He doesn't have to do that. I'm sure Joe could be persuaded to stay. Though I still don't think Pep has any inclination towards that at all. Joe just doesn't fit his bill.