News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Why do we play the way we do

Started by Paddy, April 02, 2017, 23:33:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

Arsenal today; we were pathetic. Why was Sterling taken off unless it was injury; I don't know, Navas was a no no from the start, Zab works with sterling on the overlap perfectly. Kevin is not on his game, maybe fatigue, Aquero; plays to deep, should be more a forward receiver: (Jimmy Greaves position springs to mind). Stones was woeful, Otemendi saved his ass at least twice. Why we don't have a defender on the back post for set pieces is beyond me, and don't get me going on BACK PASSING (Intentional shouting). If in doubt pass it back and then a big boot up field and returned just as quickly. We just do not have the players that can bring it out from the back with positive confidence. Our team manager has to adapt before it is to late. "Comeon City". CITD. Supporter since 1956, and proud. Through thick and thin. Wished I lived in Manchester, std "0161"; and I was there !!!

zacc

think lots was to do with the Internationals ones were involved with, most looked knackered

gavin

Pathetic is a bit strong. Disappointing is more accurate. It is still a point at a decent side even if we needed more. The worst thing for me was that they didn't really have to work for their goals. That is the story of our season. We have to create 10 chances to score 2 but the opposition are allowed to score with nearly every threatening attack.

KunDB

We play the way we did yesterday because Pep is concerned about the long-term and he is just right. So easy, to just say lets win now lets abandon the best way to play because my players are not good enough and do a boot and shoot tactic. Pep knows his methods work and with the right players it will bring us long term success not just a cup here and there, and with it superb entertaining football.

If you want to be short term successful gets Moyes or Big Sam, or Jose the Boreo. Personally, I will stick with Pep and wait patienty to see the fruits of his labours, which will surely come with patience. I already love what I see on his transfers completed to date.

Victoria

KunDB

Quote from: Tori on April 03, 2017, 23:38:07
Seriously, you rate Bravo?

Obviously not every transfer can be a success. Bravo is the exception.

Neil Mcnab

Pep is a great manager. But, might be less than accurate when speaking to journos. Navas was fantastic, only if he meant fantastically shit in defense. Toure, I cant remember exactly his words. I saw a player who looked like he had not finished warming up by the end of the match. Aguero scored a good goal, but missed opportunities and chose the wrong pass or not the best pass for the team, more than once. If Kompany is good enough for the bench.. Nolito looked alright before Xmas, why is he not getting a look in. Zab and even Delph would be better than Navas in defense.

Paddy

Pep doesn't know his players and isn't confident in his selections and that is why he keeps making bad selections and even sticks by them. To proud to admit that he makes mistakes, not a good platform for a successful premier manager. Bring back Mancini

gavin

He has made changes. Even the keeper which seemed his main sticking point at one time. It is not working at the moment but his record shows him worthy of patience.

Paul lakes knee

Quote from: Paddy on April 06, 2017, 00:40:56
Pep doesn't know his players and isn't confident in his selections and that is why he keeps making bad selections and even sticks by them. To proud to admit that he makes mistakes, not a good platform for a successful premier manager. Bring back Mancini

If that were the case, surely Bravo would be in goals every game?

goat

Quote from: Paddy on April 06, 2017, 00:40:56
. Bring back Mancini

well he is available after his latest sacking, seems to happen a lot to him for some reason

Swiss

Pep subscribes to the theory that 'if we have the ball, they can't score'.

Worked well at barce and bayern because they had a full team of intelligent players. We do not.

Swiss

Also. We've more points than this stage last season and on course for more points in total than under pellergrini.

Swiss

Tell you what. The Derby is a must not lose game! Getting close with arsenal and utd

Swiss

Though the rags don't have a favourable run in. As well as us, they've got Chelsea, arsenal & spurs left to play

gavin

They won't get many points from them games I don't think. Flat track bullies today against 10 man Sunderland. made me laugh that Seb Larsson got sent off. I've thought he should have been sent off every time he's played against us but he rarely even gets booked.

Swiss

his first red in almost 300 apps in the prem!

gavin

Fuck knows how. He's a right dirty bastard.