News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

@ Southampton

Started by gavin, April 15, 2017, 17:23:09

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Bravo, Clichy, Kompany (c), Otamendi, Fernandinho, Toure, Sane, Silva, De Bruyne, Navas, Aguero

SUBS | Caballero, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Fernando, Sterling, A. Garcia, Iheanacho

Particularly please to see Vinny and Claudio this week. Come on City.

Gareth

No Stones in the squad.

gavin

They've just mentioned he's injured on BT but no mention of how.

Kilkenny Blue

Yet another blatant penalty not given.

gavin

Not a great half but it aint easy when the home side is so defensive. Again we let them get back too often when we do get the chance to break though. Sergio should have got a couple of shots on target really. Not saying he had decent chances to score but decent chances to at least make the keeper save. But all round we lack the killer touch really. And, again, they look like scoring with their very few attacks.

Gareth

gavin

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehah, great victory. Can relax now for the last 10 minutes hopefully. We've broken with purpose a couple of times now. Easier when you're 1-0 up and the opposition have fewer players back but come on we can do that earlier and more often in games. Nevertheless this is just what we needed.

Ludo

A good day all round.

3 goals, 3 points, Vinny didn't break and Bravo made a save.

gavin

Claudio Bravo clean sheet. A great win for so many reasons. But it really puts the pressure on those chasing now.

lee

the music on bt sport is shite

Hesperus

Great result. We really needed that. Glad to see Kompant back. The defence must just feel so much better when he's in the side.

Another goal for Sanne too. I think he is going to be some player in the coming seasons!

Neil Mcnab

A great performance. Kompany was solid for the most part, threaded some great passes and scored a good goal, MOTM. A great team goal scored by Sane. Kun leaping like a salmon for his goal, topping a good team performance by him. Sane should have had a penalty.

If I was being really picky, Toure was good for the first 35 minutes, from then on his contribution fell away. He cant do a full game now. No confidence in Navas at RB and Bravo. Playing it out from the back is what Pep wants, but cant we mix it up now and again.

KunDB

The important thing was the win and 3 points so well done for that. The style of the win was so good as well so a big bonus.

Swiss

Quote from: Kilkenny Blue on April 15, 2017, 18:18:14
Yet another blatant penalty not given.

I thought the ref made the right call; not at the time mind. Replay shows the keeper made contact with the ball before clipping Sane.

Good win; Bravo made a save and Vinny ecstatic! Can't complain at all!

I thought NAvas did a decent job again as an attacking full back.

Gareth

Reflections...

I was really worried that Vincent was going to injure himself with his celebration after scoring!
Dreadful foul by Bertrand on Aguero just before half-time - didn't even get a yellow.
Fairly tame shot straight at Bravo, I did a double take when he saved it... astonishing.

Swiss

I think even goat could have saved that one from his GK days!