News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Looks like Nolito is off

Started by nimrod, May 16, 2017, 07:06:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Maybe the first in a long list of players leaving. Can't say I'm that disappointed tbh. Ok squad player but not a first team regular.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on May 16, 2017, 07:33:40
Maybe the first in a long list of players leaving. Can't say I'm that disappointed tbh. Ok squad player but not a first team regular.
Yeah agreed
Puzzling purchase

gavin

He looked tricky and useful initially, getting assists and scoring goals but the emergence of the more pacy Sane as a force has meant he has had little chance of late. There's obviously more future in Sane because of their comparative ages so it is sensible to invest in him.

Swiss

James or Sanchez to replace, can't complain. Or even Roberts getting a go

Gareth

Quote from: Swiss on May 16, 2017, 08:33:28
James or Sanchez to replace, can't complain.

That doesn't exactly chime with Gavin's point about it being sensible to invest in Sane.

Swiss

Why not? We need a great squad.

Sterling is off form

Nolito is off

Navas is a RB...

Jesus can be used in the centre.

Def room for another wide attacker or two

Gareth

Because - speaking for myself here, not putting words in anyone else's mouth - I don't think buying a replacement for a player counts as investment in that player. I have no problem with improving the squad, but pretending that (for example) buying Sanchez represents an investment in Sane stretches the imagination. It may be an investment in City, but that's not the same thing. Personally I like the idea of young players as good as Sane is getting a decent chance at City, others may disagree.

Swiss

Sorry, I misinterpreted your meaning about investment.

I like sane. I think he's better than sterling. It would be sterling likely to miss out than sane