News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Thoughts on the final league table

Started by gavin, May 22, 2017, 21:11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Team            P    W   D   L       F    A   GD   Pts
Manchester City   38   23   9   6   80   39   41   78

We actually got a quite considerable 12 more points than last season. We scored 9 more goals and conceded 2 less. It was undoubtedly a disappointing season but also clearly an improvement on last season.

Swiss

Hesperus

Hard to compare against last season because everyone was so poor. It looks good thanks a good run of form toward the end of the season.

It's what I expected at the start of the season but then expectations were raised after our great start. So I can't help feel a bit disappointed.

Honestly, I'm not sure about next season either given the amount of business i expect we'll do in the summer.  Realistically there could be 4 or 5 first team players coming in and they will take some time to gel

goat

gel time depends on how good pep really is as a manager

Gareth

Quote from: gavin on May 22, 2017, 21:11:19
We actually got a quite considerable 12 more points than last season. We scored 9 more goals and conceded 2 less. It was undoubtedly a disappointing season but also clearly an improvement on last season.

Give us another +12 points and another +11 GD and we're still behind Chelsea on points and just level on goals. All I'm saying is that it's a very big gap.

Neil Mcnab

I think the word journos use on how we were for a lot of the time was "porous". We did better towards the end, no surprise we had a quality CB playing. Even then it was last ditch stuff with little protection for the defense. We were lucky Arsenal were so poor and the scum had the Europa league, or we may have finished outside the top four.

Pep will have the money to bring in who he wants with the massive backing from the owners.  As for gel/transition/bedding in/acclimatising/ and the rest, you could write off the season because of that. So its the season after that? Jesus seemed to need a few weeks only.
No thanks, no excuses next season.

Swiss

Quote from: Gareth on May 23, 2017, 14:34:42
Give us another +12 points and another +11 GD and we're still behind Chelsea on points and just level on goals. All I'm saying is that it's a very big gap.

Depends if those 12 points come against Chelsea and spurs...

nimrod

Pretty happy with top 4 finish
Expect same next year