News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ajax

Started by Hesperus, May 24, 2017, 21:09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

gavin

I hesitate to move this to the football board given that what the rags play can only very vaguely be described as football. But that said we had to discuss Wimbledon in the 80s and 90s so why should we deny their direct descendants the same honour? I did hear five minutes of the commentary before, the summariser was extolling the wonderful virtues of Mourinho's tactics. Apparently, it was fucking genius to play it up to Fellaini in the air lol.

Hesperus

Unfortunately they deserved to win but I was really disappointed with Ajax, tfey were awful.

Typical Mourinho performance, all power and no style.

goat

wasnt that long ago ajax gave us a lesson

zacc

tis a very young team

Swiss

I only saw the stats. Ajax had 69% possession and 17 shots...

Lekos

Maybe, but they were crap.

Hesperus

Yep, that's a case of stats not telling the full story. I was very disappointed with the Ajax performance. Shited executed their long ball game plan perfectly and completely nullified the Ajax high pressing game.

gavin

It'll give us something to laugh about next season when they go out at the group stage.

goat

ouch

Lasse Schone added: “I like to play football, Manchester United absolutely don’t. They spam long balls forward to Fellaini and hope for the best.”

Gareth

I shouldn't imagine Mourinho is bothered in the slightest.

goat

cant imagine hes too thrilled with 6th and two worthless cups either

Gareth

Actually, I should think he thinks he's pissed all over Pep, Wenger, Klopp, Poch, Ajax, everyone except Conte in fact. Regardless of the football played, the people he answers too, his owners and fans, right now they won't think the cups are worthless (I admit it - I was happy when City won their League Cups), and one of them even contained a magic ticket to the CL. We're constitutionally obliged to regard all this as crap, I know. But really, do you imagine he's bothered about anything right now, outside of Chelsea's success?

goat

away from the cameras and mics i reckon he is. after all they spent on pogba and zlatans wages 6th would get most sacked, if he is an honest bloke (no fucking clue if he is) he would have to admit he failed miserably

Gareth

Maybe so... but even being honest, I still think he could point to a number of other fuckers who failed worse, Pep among them.

goat

ill give you that one but pep was under stupid pressure from the start

didnt help himself at times tho

gavin

I doubt Mourinho is even honest with himself. But I can honestly say that I'd rather win nowt and play the Pep way that play like they do and win trophies. I'm delighted that we're trying to do it the right way. As it is they've not won anything of note. Winning the League Cup last season was a failure. We have to live in the present. We're not desperate for any trophy any more. And we don't have to even win the league any old way. Let's face it, outdoing Mancini's title win is going to take some doing. We need to waltz to the league, playing total football. Even that will only match it in a different way.