News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

YaYa

Started by Neil Mcnab, June 01, 2017, 19:45:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil Mcnab

Toure signs up for another year.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40126362

Mixed feelings about this, he did play and try hard in a number of games after Xmas, when he got back in the team. He can still be excellent going forward and has a killer pass at times.
But, his legs have gone. He offers less the longer the game goes on and even less when we are defending. Also those runs going forward where he shakes off opposition players at will, I cant remember any recently, a thing of the past.  Expensive back up?

Ludo

At the minute money appears to be no object so, yes, a fairly expensive back up at the minute.

Swiss

Could be good to throw in with the kids in the league cup...

gavin

He made a good defensive contribution in some of the later games in the season, often making telling interventions at crucial times. He's also a man who can still calm things down and find a blue shirt in a tight game or make a difference to get a winner when necessary. Of course, he's not the player he was but he still has many talents that few can match. We are buying so many young players, and rightly so, we need the experience of Yaya at times. He's also a big game player which he showed again in the cup semi when he very nearly came through for us at Wembley again.

nimrod

I'm guessing the cake things resolved

Paddy

I totally agree with Gavin