News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

England have Bravo in goal??

Started by gavin, June 10, 2017, 18:54:47

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Whoever it is can't save a free kick. 2-2, both Scotland's goals from long range free kicks.

Gareth

Bit harsh on Joe to blame him for either of those.

Neil Mcnab

He will never play for us again, but was his positioning right. I suppose he was expecting the "wall" to do its job.

Mistake by Walker was said more than once...

Paddy

Victoria

not harsh at all, can't blame the wall for his bad positioning, if you don't learn the first time and repeat it three minuets later then why are you in goal? Hart has been exposed as he was in 2016 World Cup. He will never play for City again because he is a dressing room trouble causer, and PEP got rid of them all! However, I still would have Hart in goal than Bravo. 

Gareth

You sound like you didn't see the game.

gavin

The free kicks were a long way out and didn't really go into the corner of the net. I think he should have done better with them.

Gareth

Both went in the side "covered" by the wall - if the taker is good enough to get a direct free kick up over the wall and down again, at pace, it's hard for a keeper to get across from "his" side of the goal.
I thought they were skillfully taken. Reminded me of Leighton Baines vs West Ham.

bluebrendan

The first goal is definitely Hart's fault in my view, it was nowhere near right in the corner and I'd expect any international class keeper to save it. The second was a better placed free-kick but even that was saveable, Hart seemed to have lead in his boots trying to get across the goal. The wall is almost an irrelevance now, so many players can get the ball up and down quickly from a free-kick that a keeper has to try and cover the whole of his goal, he can't afford to be too far to one side.

Just as well for England that Gordon was even worse, at fault for both England goals and lucky to get away with that mad rush out of his area in the first half.