News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Sanchez

Started by Paddy, June 11, 2017, 10:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

Sterling had a mixed season but I still reckon he could turn out to be well worth the fee. A bit more consistency will hopefully show over the next few years.

Swiss

His decision making is the key to that

Paddy

Unfortunately football is more of a business than a sport and I think that we will continue to "Spend big" and invest in the best talent until achieve success in the chaps league. Financial stability is based on success

gavin

According to Sky some interesting quotes coming from Sanchez in a presser for Chile. He states it is possible he could be a team mate of City number one Claudio Bravo at City next season but he cannot confirm anything at the moment.

gavin

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

SANCHEZ: FUTURE IS CLEAR

Interesting. Alexis Sanchez has been talking about his future while on international duty with Chile in Russia, and for Arsenal fans, this isn't wholly convinving...

Sanchez was asked about his next move while sitting next to team-mate Claudio Bravo. 

Q. "Will you be a teammate of Claudio Bravo at Manchester City next season?
A: "[laughs]. Good question! Right now I'm focused on the Confederations Cup. When this is finished I will see if I stay or if I go. I don't know."
Q: "Is it clear in your mind, or have you not decided?"
A: "Yes it's clear but I can't tell you [laughing]".

gavin

I see 90 million being talked about for him now. Tell them to fuck off and let them get nought for him next summer. Cheeky fuckers.

Victoria

The price clubs are asking for players are unreasonable, inflated, and stupid. However, while clubs pay ridiculous fees for players and excessive wage demands the future of football is in doubt, at some point it has to explode into a spiral downfall. Liverpool were asked to pay 70m for an average player, it is not just City that get charged ridiculous price price for players, but while those retarded fuck-wits at Rag world pay silly prices for average players prices will sore, and they all blame City for the price of players - Retards the fucking lot of them!

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on July 10, 2017, 21:22:28
I see 90 million being talked about for him now. Tell them to fuck off and let them get nought for him next summer. Cheeky fuckers.

at nearly 29 he's not worth 50 mill, and I dont like giving our competitors shit loads of money

Swiss

As he is over 28, depending if he has served 2 years of his contract, he could technically buy himself out of his contract. So long as FIFA approve

Hesperus

When Arsenal signed him is was really disappointed we weren't in for him. Now though I'm not that bothered if we do or don't sign him. Seems a bit of a strange one to me given his age. Not only that, Arsenal hold all of the cards.

I actually thought we'd break some transfer records this window given we have Pep on board. Not so sure now, still plenty of time to go but if the club don't assemble a seriously good squad with Pep at the helm. We probably won't get the opportunity again because I don't see Pep staying as our manager for a prolonged period.

Lekos

Quote from: Hesperus on July 11, 2017, 10:13:33
When Arsenal signed him is was really disappointed we weren't in for him.

We were though. He went to arsenal and we got our backup; Aguero. I think that worked out quite well.

I'm not sure what to make of the Sanchez talk now though. Would love him at the club, but he's 28 and arsenal seem determined to hold onto him / demand a daft fee.

Hesperus

I thought Aguero signed for us years before Sanchez signed for Arsenal didn't he?

Lekos

My bad - I meant Barca.

Gareth

I think it'd be kinda nice if just for once we said, no, he's good, but he just ain't worth that much and we don't really need him anyway, and didn't buy someone.

Swiss

If he comes, he comes and brilliant. If he doesn't, move onwards and upwards.

Aubameyang would be nice B-D

But 2 lb, 2 RB, a CB and a cm are more important for me.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Hesperus on July 11, 2017, 10:13:33
When Arsenal signed him is was really disappointed we weren't in for him. Now though I'm not that bothered if we do or don't sign him. Seems a bit of a strange one to me given his age. Not only that, Arsenal hold all of the cards.

I actually thought we'd break some transfer records this window given we have Pep on board. Not so sure now, still plenty of time to go but if the club don't assemble a seriously good squad with Pep at the helm. We probably won't get the opportunity again because I don't see Pep staying as our manager for a prolonged period.
Pellegrini wanted him and being on the chilli side might have got him in, rather than him going to the arseholes. FFP made it impossible.

Swiss

Reports are he's in Paris.

nimrod

Hesperus

Rumours tonight City are seriously considering some kind of swap deal involving Sergio!

How would that work given the current market values? Arsenal going to give us Sanchez plus £50 million??

If City really are considering some sort of swap deal. Unless it involved us getting Sanchez and a large amount of cash which we then put toward Mbappe. I'd seriously question the judgement of the City recruitment staff.

Swiss

It's been mooted before. Don't believe it until it happens... We need to add firepower, not reduce it