News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Lukaku, Chelsea v Rags

Started by gavin, July 07, 2017, 22:25:18

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

I actually quite hope he goes to the rags. I don't reckon he's worth anywhere near £75 million. Madness.

bluebrendan

So if the rags sign him they would be replacing a 20+ goals striker who cost just his wages with a £75m+ striker who is unlikely to score any more goals. Woodward-economics in action.  :D

Hesperus

I agree I don't think he's all that good really. Lots of potential but I don't think he's going to realise it. Maybe a case of too much too soon for himi think.

As for Woodward economics, we can't tease too much about that given some of the tripe we've spent money on.

£50 million (Bravo and Edison) to cover a position that probably didn't need it.

Swiss

He is a moaninho type striker though. He'll lead their line and he has the physicality to bully defenders. In other words, Jose is tying to emulate his first Chelsea team. Say what you want about their style, they were successful. Their physical approach won them leagues, cups and the champs.

Lukaku has been talked about as having promise for years now, we'll see what happens if a team can give him the opportunities.

Would not be a good fit for city as we don't suit his style and vice versa.

As a side question: with utd being poor these days, does anyone else find it slightly duller? Like the lustre has been removed for when we beat them or top them on the table? As though it's not a challenge anymore?
Would our comeback against QPR have happened if it were Chelsea or arsenal who were due to win the league?
Does having a strong utd make us strive to reach the higher heights?

shandon

Quote from: Swiss on July 09, 2017, 12:51:18
He is a moaninho type striker though

Moroniho got rid him of at Chelsea didn't he?  :D

Swiss

Quote from: shandon on July 09, 2017, 12:53:56
Moroniho got rid him of at Chelsea didn't he?  :D

Who knows. But looking at the dates, Jose never had the opportunity to play him as was loaned out the season he re-joined Chelsea and sold the next season.

shandon

Could be another mistake Jose is 'admitting' to-  like with De Bruyne.

goat

and matic

bit of a habit with him

lee

75 million for him and what was it for Pogba?

City still ruining football..Having said that they better pull their finger out and get some fullbacks sorted asap