News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Will we win the league?

Started by gavin, August 07, 2017, 21:19:52

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

So we're clear favourites at just a tad closer than 2/1. I can't say I would be a large amount on us at that to be honest. Nonetheless I do believe we are the strongest squad and team on paper. My main concern is as the last couple of years - the fitness of Vinny. Maybe we will strike for Van Dyke now that it seems certain that Southampton have to get rid. Without him, I think our season will be far too dependent on a single injury to our glorious leader to make any solid prediction. But I will say we will win it anyway.

I also go for Champions League Semi, League Cup quarters and FA Cup Semi again.

Hesperus

I think with a better keeper than Bravo and better fullbacks in Walker, Mendy and Danilo the CB area may not look to be as exposed without Vinny as it did last season.

Looking at the other contenders signings I agree we have the best squad

I think and hope we win the title and that we may do it in some style.

nimrod

I think we will create the most chances, its whether we can put them away and make the draws into wins

regards the 2 cups, just play B team & youth players, concentrate on the big 2 prizes, rest the players, leave the shit cups to yoonited & arse

Swiss

I like our chances.

The three at the back seems to be working well

We're a stronger team than last year

Chelsea will have more games.

Is there a strong team who aren't in europe who could walk it???

Hesperus

I hate to speak of it, but I actually think Shited are strong contenders with Maureen's anti football. They've spent well and signed some strong players.

nimrod

Quote from: Hesperus on August 08, 2017, 08:20:26
I hate to speak of it, but I actually think Shited are strong contenders with Maureen's anti football. They've spent well and signed some strong players.

They will have the best defence

Hesperus

They are certainly going to be a very physical team this year with Matic, Felony and Lukaku.

lee

I think the rags have spent money on average players..Lucky to finish in the top 5 imo...Anyway i think we will finish as champions and the Peter Swales demented demon inside of me is saying as long as we finish above the scum i'll take it!!

KunDB

We have to massively improve our home record and top 5 team results. I am confident we will do.

We have all the ammunition to win the PL, pity we did not have one more strong centre back.

I am hopeful that we will win the PL this year on our way up and up in world football.

nimrod

Quote from: lee on August 08, 2017, 12:54:08
I think the rags have spent money on average players..Lucky to finish in the top 5 imo...Anyway i think we will finish as champions and the Peter Swales demented demon inside of me is saying as long as we finish above the scum i'll take it!!

most rag fans I know arent happy with the negative football

Swiss

Quote from: nimrod on August 08, 2017, 09:42:35
They will have the best defence

Not with Jones and smalling they wont

gavin

Not sure why you lot are so worried by the rags. I still see Chelsea as a bigger threat. I think City are better than both if Vinny is fit though I like the theory above that the new full backs will sort the Vinny problem. I hope it is true anyway!

nimrod

gavin

Spurs players are saying City are awesome

Quote from: Danny RoseI know it was only pre-season but I watched the game against Man City and I was just in awe of City. They only had Kyle Walker, Danilo and the goalkeeper Ederson out of the players they’ve just bought. Speaking to some lads when they got back, they’re saying: ‘City are taking off £200million and then they are bringing on Aguero, Toure and Sane’. That just speaks volumes to me. Anyone who says we don’t need any ­signings, I’m not buying into that.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/08/10/tottenham-star-i-watched-manchester-city-against-us-in-pre-season-and-was-just-in-awe/

Neil Mcnab

Vinny gets injured, much less chance. A DM would be useful as well. Besides Dinho, who. Yeah, Gundog/Toure/Delph if still around could do a job. With the squad we have Pep must think that area of play is bottom of the list.
Rose is probably more in awe of how much City players are getting compared to Spurs players and is putting himself in the shop window.   

Paddy

I listen not to much to the press and pundits. I think we have showed our intention during the out of season performances. Strong showings at all levels. Raise your glasses along side mine to; a productive season. "Come on City"

Paddy

Swiss

Looks like Foden will take Delph's spot this year

zacc

heart says yes head says not sure footy such an unpredictable game

Gareth

Really hoping we win, of course, but have concerns about two positions; central defence (once VK is injured) and manager (may turn out just not to be up to it).