News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Ref Bobby Madley

Started by zacc, August 25, 2017, 11:45:41

Previous topic - Next topic

zacc

Interesting take on his decisions in MEN

"The Yorkshire official has gone from being the man in the middle in a televised, high-profile game to being named as fourth official for Watford versus Brighton on Saturday."
"And yet the men who suffered the injustice of his aberration will STILL have to serve their one-match suspensions, Walker missing the trip to Bournemouth and Schneiderlin out of Everton's game with Chelsea on Sunday." unquote

article

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-news-kyle-walker-13524129

KunDB

It is not just useless Bobby Madley, he reportedly relied on 4th official Michael Oliver who apparently told him it was an elbow. What punishment does he get?

198 games for Spurs no red card, first home game for City red card. That is no coincidence.

Refs feel empowered at City as they know there is no serious comeback from the (biased) TV pundits, the club or their bosses if they wrongly punish City players. More laid back than they would be for Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea. If these clubs suffer a wrong decision the TV raise a mega storm about the injustice of it all and all hell breaks out.

gavin

He shouldn't ref again really but truth is that they're all shite so he fits right in.

gavin

Quote from: gavin on August 25, 2017, 22:08:41
He shouldn't ref again really but truth is that they're all shite so he fits right in.

As if further proof we needed, up steps one Mike Dean.

Neil Mcnab

Quote from: Zabba on August 25, 2017, 12:45:06

198 games for Spurs no red card, first home game for City red card. That is no coincidence.

Sorry, it is just that.
Referees are trying their best and will inevitably make mistakes. I dont see any conspiracy theory. Of course I can rant and rave about a decision.
I saw the thing with Carragher and Neville trying out for referees and getting the offside decisions wrong, when they obviously thought they would be better than referees. That went a long way in changing my mind about the referee and other officials. Like any walk of life they will get it wrong, not much sometimes, a lot on others. As long as they are honest mistakes...

zacc

Well obviously without officials no footy.
Agree mistakes will happen and they only see it once do wonder why 4th official can't look at replay then pass on info?
There's already a load of breaking play up by teams to stop the game, better a replay to get correct decision than the situation at present?   

KunDB

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on August 28, 2017, 09:58:35
Sorry, it is just that.
Referees are trying their best and will inevitably make mistakes. I dont see any conspiracy theory. Of course I can rant and rave about a decision.
I saw the thing with Carragher and Neville trying out for referees and getting the offside decisions wrong, when they obviously thought they would be better than referees. That went a long way in changing my mind about the referee and other officials. Like any walk of life they will get it wrong, not much sometimes, a lot on others. As long as they are honest mistakes...

I understand that point of view. I did not say conspiracy, I feel perhaps the refs just feel less threatened if they make a wrong decision against City compared to other top PL clubs.

If refs are to award a red card, even via second yellow, they must be satisfied beyond reasonable doubt a foul was committed deserving of a second yellow/red card. There was plain and simply no foul by Walker yet a second yellow/red card occurred?

It must be asked how many times was Walker on a yellow card and committed further fouls at Spurs, but did not get a second yellow/red card. That is no coincidence, that is what I believe. There is a reason.

As Gavin said step up Mike Dean, Bournemouth game, three big decisions in that game:

1   Nathan Ake not sent off for clear red card last man professional foul on Jesus who had robbed him of the ball and was free on goal. 
2   A studs first lunge by Steve Cook on Jesus that went unpunished, not even a yellow card. Also a clear Red card offence.
3   Raheem Sterling red carded (2nd yellow) in injury time for celebrating his winning goal with City fans. First player since 2011 to be sent off for celebrating a goal.

I would add that referees have a very hard if not impossible job at times and footballs hierarchy fail to support them properly e.g. use of technology to review key decisions. However, I still feel the extent and repeated occurrences of unfavourable decisions against City is no coincidence and has an underlying reason.

Neil Mcnab

Just imagine those offences were made by our players, I am sure we would not think them quite as clear cut? I am not saying I dont agree with you, but we have the benefit of blue coloured gasses.

Only changes, such as a couple of video reviews per game like cricket might be a start. Would slow the game a bit, perhaps too much. Would also like to see the officials with public microphones like in rugby. This would cut dissent by players and management.

nimrod

Running into the crowd is a yellow card

Thats what he got

Lekos

He didn't run into the crowd, the crowd moved towards him. He did what the Bournemouth player did.

Hesperus

Quote from: Lekos on August 29, 2017, 12:51:54
He didn't run into the crowd, the crowd moved towards him. He did what the Bournemouth player did.

That's exactly how I saw it.  He never left the field of play.

Bournemouth should be fined for failure to provide adequate stewarding.

nimrod

Quote from: Lekos on August 29, 2017, 12:51:54

Yeah he ran into that crowd of fans

Lekos

Nope. He didn't go into the stands.

shandon

Was it at Bournemouth where Everton fans came on to the pitch after a late goal in a game last season? I can't remember which ground that happened at.

Gareth

Yep, Barkley scored "the winner" but Bournemouth equalised in time added on for his celebration with the Everton fans who came on the pitch.

shandon

So Bournemouth either have to improve the security around the away fans - or stop conceding dramatic late goals  ;)