News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v Clarets Thread

Started by KunDB, October 21, 2017, 14:01:40

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

A good test again at home. City will have to thread passes through the Burnley parked bus, much like passing an eye through a needle to win this one.

Lets hope we can get a first half goal so we can chill and enjoy the rest of what most commentators expect will be an siege on the Burnley goal.

CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, Otamendi, Delph, Fernandinho, Bernardo, Silva (C), De Bruyne, Sane, Aguero

Subs | Bravo, Danilo, Sterling, Gundogan, Mangala, Jesus, Toure

Come on City and Aguero

KunDB

Two changes today, Sergio Aguero coming in for Jesus and Bernardo Silva starting in place of Sterling.

All good, I like these changes.

Neil Mcnab

Glad to see B. Silva get a game.  Gundog needs some playing time as well, hope he gets on at some point. Apparently Burnley are 28/1 for the win if someone fancies a punt.

KunDB

Goalkeeper landed on B Silva ankle bringing him down, so it was a penalty. Well done Sergio on equal top goalscorer ever for City and good to see him dropped staggered run up for penalties (goalies were well on to it).

KunDB

Otamendi should join Burnley as they love to dive to the ground to block shots.

gavin

Not a great half but Burnley seemed to waste half of it one way or another. Was surprised to see only three minutes injury time. Hopefully a better second half.

KunDB

Sane needs a rest. Too unsure at times and no easily loses the ball. Young yes, but needs to know he needs to improve.

For passes he tends to wait, wait, wait, oh too late.

KunDB

Thank you Otamendi now I can breathe again.

2 0

KunDB

3 0

A glorious unbelievable pass from DeBruyne to Sane (finished superbly).

Neil Mcnab

A great result against a well drilled Burnley side.
Silva was looking like a player who has not been playing regularly. Hope he plays again midweek, as well as Gundog.
Sane is showing some great ability, yes he doesnt make the right choice at times. He will continue to improve and should be a great player for us - if he has the will to do so.
Stones is also on the same upward track, of course if he makes a mistake, it could be much more costly.
Walker, great athlete. Not very good at defending and his crossing could do with practice.
De Bruyne, needs a game off.
Ederson is just the right type of goalkeeper we need. Cool under pressing, good with feet and hands, brave.

Hesperus

Great result in appalling weather. Sat by the fire now trying to dry out.

gavin

Yes, great result and a good effort to win 3-0 under the conditions. I was particularly pleased for Sane to score after their fans booing him all second half. Something needs to be done about time wasting. When teams are doing it at 0-0 and 1-0 down it is beyond a joke.

nimrod

For me Sane is a great player for us now, (not will be)
7 goals in 10 games
Stones man of the match for me, some brilliant passes
Bernado will be a good replacement for silva when he's finished but I thought we missed Sterlings speed down the right today, never thought Id say that as I didnt want us to buy him.
Great result in lousy weather against a very hard team to beat.
Happy Happy City fan here, also my new grandson watched his first City game with me and his Dad so Im very pleased we won :D

(and yoonited didnt)

zacc

Quote from: Zabba on October 21, 2017, 15:35:59
Goalkeeper landed on B Silva ankle bringing him down, so it was a penalty. Well done Sergio on equal top goalscorer ever for City and good to see him dropped staggered run up for penalties (goalies were well on to it).

watching the replays goalie's knee comes down on Bernie's ankle/foot tends to stop you running that so a penalty.
Fortunate fk not given for Otamendi clattering Mee for second goal. Mind City had lots of that happen to them.