News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

at WBA league

Started by gavin, October 28, 2017, 14:02:43

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

CITY XI | Ederson, Walker, Stones, De Bruyne, Delph, Sane, Bernardo, Silva, Fernandinho, Otamendi, Jesus

SUBS | Bravo, Danilo, Sterling, Gundogan, Aguero, Mangala, Toure

gavin

I'd prefer Sterling to Bernardo and would have liked to see Sergio in front of Sane to start. Not sure how Mangala makes the bench after his piss poor performance in midweek. Adarabioyo was much better.

KunDB

This is a game we will have to find a way around 11 players packed into the WBA box. Pep obviously preferring the movement and trickery of Jesus, rather than proven experience of Aguero and I presume the trickery of Bernardo over the pace of Sterling.

Pep knows best.

KunDB

Great start, great shot from Sane 1 0

KunDB

Great defending NOT

1 1

Gareth

So much for my 0:0 prediction...

KunDB

Goals raining down Fernandinho (off post)

1 2 City

gavin

Sane justified his selection with his finish. Not enough end product from us for much of the half though. The defence is still dodgy but Pep's policy of not letting the opposition have much of the ball in our half tends to mean that it doesn't get exposed enough to cost us.

KunDB

Despite me predicting 2 1 City win I cannot wait for our third goal to put this game beyond WBA.

We have been a bit slow on the ball this second half.

KunDB

Beautiful goal from City, Sterling scores it. I can relax and enjoy now.

KunDB

I hope that Pep tears into Otamendi for crass stupidity.

2  3

gavin

Instead of looking at four or five to one we end up under pressure at 3-2. There's still some typical City there. We played well after 3-1. Sterling added the dynamism I thought he would. The balance is better when there's only one Silva. Ota did a lot of good things today but that was dreadful for their second.

Paddy

Thought WBA played well, came at us after Sane's goal and put the pressure on. Jesus was like a fish out of water. Glad to see Sterling replace B Silver. Thought Stones had an exceptional game. Otamendi was good except for the rash challenge in xtra time. Walker after a very good game lost the plot kicking the ball into the stands. Kevin left his shooting boots in the dressing room and I think Sergio wants to score that special goal at home, think he will do it against the gunners next week

Neil Mcnab

Defenders are measured by their mistakes..Surprised Jesus wasnt wearing gloves. The good news is that its not the football we have been playing recently, but still a win. Whatever Pep says, more than a nod to the Napoli game and the game after that.

KunDB

Quote from: Paddy on October 28, 2017, 17:09:26

Otamendi was good except for the rash challenge in xtra time. Walker after a very good game lost the plot kicking the ball into the stands.

AND his crap defending chest back for WBA's second gift of a goal

So not a great day for Otamendi at all.

Swiss

He has had a decent season so far though. You can tell cause that was his first yellow  :o

Fernandinho and Delph eem to piss about with it too much near the defence.