News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Clattenburg (a self obsessed plonker)

Started by KunDB, December 04, 2017, 20:50:15

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Clattenburg says he "went in with a gameplan" for the Spurs Chelsea game May 2016 when they drew and Leicester won the PL. The gameplan was so he could not be blamed by Tottenham for losing the title.

Hey, I thought referees were meant to be neutral and just apply the laws of the game. Seems Clattenburg was more worried about himself and media coverage of him than applying the laws of the game.

He continues, "I allowed them [Spurs] to self-destruct so all the media, all the people in the world went: 'Tottenham lost the title.'
"If I sent three players off from Tottenham, what are the headlines? 'Clattenburg cost Tottenham the title.' It was pure theatre that Tottenham self-destructed against Chelsea and Leicester won the title."

Asked if he helped to "script" the game, he replied: "I helped the game. I certainly benefited the game by my style of refereeing.

"Some referees would have played by the book; Tottenham would have been down to seven or eight players and probably lost and they would've been looking for an excuse.

"But I didn't give them an excuse, because my gameplan was: Let them lose the title."

gavin

Most referees seem to referee matches these days rather than give decisions on each incident on their merits. It'll happen on Sunday for sure. The rags will boot us about from the kick off but the ref won't book them because of being too scared to send one off there in a derby. They call it game management and it always results in City players being booted throughout matches. Silva in particular. The regularity that he gets booted from behind on the ankles with no intention from the defender to play the ball is sickening.

Paddy

Give them a break, most get it right. Difficult job but without them then we wouldn't have a game....!!!

KunDB

Quote from: Paddy on December 04, 2017, 23:53:21
Give them a break, most get it right. Difficult job but without them then we wouldn't have a game....!!!
Read my reply to your separate Referee thread. They often bring it on themselves by wanting to be at the centre of the show instead of just doing their job fairly and properly, often with a view to their autobiography or future pundit or other career.

For Clattenburg, to say he had a gameplan to protect himself from criticism if Spurs lost the title, simply means he decided no matter what went on he was not sending anyone off if at all within his powers. He has betrayed his profession and should be criticised as he did not officiate over the game applying the laws as they should have been applied; he even admits he should/could have sent 3 players off. Sorry Paddy that deserves maximum criticism. It also leaves me wondering why Silva and KdB are kicked stupid game after game without proper referee protection and bookings.

Lekos

Clattenburg essentially admitted to being shit at his job

gavin

Quote from: Lekos on December 05, 2017, 13:38:15
Clattenburg essentially admitted to being shit at his job

Worse than that, he admitted deliberately refereeing poorly. As if he needed to do it on purpose.

Paddy

Ref's are now considering themselves as celebs and are now playing to the crowds (Divas)...