News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

away against Donetsk

Started by gavin, December 06, 2017, 19:34:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

We played much better second half. Shame we lost our winning streak but we should take heart that we played well against a good team.

Diaz should make the bench for the Derby. I wasn’t so impressed with a Foden tonight but I’m sure his time will come.

Need to put this game out of our minds now and focus on Sunday.

Swiss

Quote from: Ludo on December 06, 2017, 21:29:00
It's been the senior players that have been disappointing tonight.

Players like Danilo, Gundugan and Bernardo should be busting a gut to impress Pep, Yaya's race is run and Mangala's never going to get better.

I thought Gundog was the best of the CM's. his touch passing and ability on the ball shone above.

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on December 06, 2017, 21:21:38
Adarabioyo visibly growing in confidence as the game goes on.

I thought the Kids did alright tonight.
Foden was out of position, but a good learning opportunity.
Diaz has class, maybe should see a dentist though.
Tosin, Best I've seen him, was left exposed too often.

gavin

I thought we were rubbish. Not many positives there really except Diaz looked lively. Players like Bernard, Gundog and Yaya should be pushing for inclusion but aren't on that evidence. Very disappointing.

nimrod

Quote from: gavin on December 06, 2017, 22:19:40
I thought we were rubbish. Not many positives there really except Diaz looked lively. Players like Bernard, Gundog and Yaya should be pushing for inclusion but aren't on that evidence. Very disappointing.

Im a bit worried about our perceived 'strength in depth'.......pundits say its massive, but on the basis of tonight...........is it ?

shandon

That's what I was thinking. Also based on the Wolves league cup game.

KunDB

Gundogan no where near his best yet.

Bernardo needs a settling in year best judged next year.

Mangala decent at best needs to go.

Aguero and Jesus off their best currently as is the teams sharpness and speed of passing.

It's a long season and dips are to be expected what's not expected is the winning results along with the dip.

Utd next up players will be up for this we will see a much sharper focussed City performance and if we lose we are still 5 points clear. 

nimrod

Quote from: KunDB on December 07, 2017, 09:56:47
Gundogan no where near his best yet.

Bernardo needs a settling in year best judged next year.

Im not arguing those points, your probably right, but if say D Silva and KDB got injured now, were pretty fucked for creative cover, being as the 70 million quids worth of stand ins need a year to settle in.

Thats what I was on about.