News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Carabao Cup Team

Started by KunDB, December 28, 2017, 09:06:59

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Loyalty or Win First policy?

The Carabao Cup is our first chance to win the first bit of silverware of the season, keep our winning run rolling and putting pressure on our opponents; that we could (unlikely as it is) win not just a double (PL should be doable now), but maybe even a treble or as they dread the quadruple.

So should Pep stick with the weaker/inexperienced team he has played with up to the quarter final stage or should he revert to the strongest possible team available in the first and second (if needed) leg of the semi-final?

I would go for a very strong experienced team with one or two of the young talent to provide incentive for them and I would drop Carabao Cup hero Bravo for Ederson for these games. Winning is important and helps sets players minds for future bigger finals so they are more at ease when playing finals and play less nervy. Winning even this minor trophy sends a message of fear to all our future opponents and gives experience to players of playing in finals with all the pressure these uniquely bring.

So I would prefer Pep to prioritise winning silverware over loyalty to those inexperienced players who have got us to this stage.

goat

fuck it, do a raffle and let some fans have a game