News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

v Liverpool Match Thread

Started by KunDB, January 14, 2018, 15:01:31

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

goat

come on gav, chances are he would have fucked it up anyway if he wasnt slightly nudged

KunDB

Good stuff 4 2 not as bad as 4 1 somehow.

Stones has no excuse Gavin.

KunDB

KunDB

Oh no I thought that was in?

lee

i agree with gav..stones was fuckin fouled

anyway scousers have just won the world cup...well done

Neil Mcnab

Stones needs to work on his strength, but dont do a Micah Richards. Competition for places in defence will help. 
Did we want it as much as Liverpool? This seemed to be everything to them.
Just hope this wasnt the Celtic moment of last season.

Lekos

Scousers bossed that but we gifted them goals. Otamendi should have scored from the KDB cross and stones eas fouled.

Call it 3-4.

Hesperus

Didn’t get chance to watch any of the game. Just got the goal alerts. Gutted by the result. How did we play? Was it the dicking that the score line suggests?

gavin

No, they had a short spell where they scored their goals but I thought City were on top in the second half until then. There was a few errors after the second goal from a foul on Stones. But we came back into it in the end and come out with a good deal of credit. We certainly don't look like a team ready to give up a decent lead at the top.

Rowley Birkin QC

Liverpool at Anfield. It seemed to have a certain depressing inevitability about it. I've been fretting about this game all week.

Klopp seems to be one of the rare mangers who can consistently put out a team that can unsettle Pep's game plan. Mind you... if we'd defended better... and 64% of the possession but only 4 shots on target (to Liverpool's 7 shots out only 36%)? What's going on there then?

I'm not unduly worried, We'll still win the Prem, and probably lose a game or two more along the way, but it just had to be Liverpool at Anfield didn't it? And perhaps, as someone said, a sign that in a crunch European Cup match - with this defence and no Silva on the pitch - we might have a problem.

Hesperus

Thanks Gav.

Clearly our defence wasn't at the races today. Stones seems to be struggling a bit since coming back from injury. I'm very disappointed but I think this will focus the team again. We've certainly taken our foot off the gas recently, either through fatigue from a busy Christmas schedule or injury. We could do with someone new upfront though and probably in defence just to refesh us a bit.

KunDB

City played 33 incomplete passes in their own half against Liverpool on Sunday - 50 per cent more than in any other away game this season.

That what I thought watching the match, but that was credit to Liverpool for constant pressing and it was 10 minutes madness that cost us the game.

Lekos

Aye, we gave the ball away a lot due to their pressure. We had the most of the possession but they had the best of the game, no getting around that. We barely had a sniff in the second half until the 80th whatever minute when the second goal went in then came alive.

Stephen Paul

another 5 minutes of play and would have won that game

10 sloppy minutes cost us dearly

Whats the crack with Silva on the bench

Swiss

Ok. As long as I don't see any Liverpool fans today I can cope. Stupid mistakes. There was afoul further up the pitch n'all for their second. So almost got it back to a draw too.

Hesperus

Just seen the goals 🙁  They were all awful and each came from an error by one of our players. We got severely punished for our mistakes. Good to see we never gave up though.

The dippers fans are going to be insufferable today.

KunDB

Well I think we can all survive this now rare defeat, just a pity it was against those bunch of deluded shit heads fans. Still on aggregate this season we win 8 4, they should remember that and bricking themselves at the end having been 4 1 up.

Despite the defeat, an awful lot of positives came from the game and I feel it will only make us much stronger for the future and Champions League, particularly mentally assuming Pep addresses the issues around our 10 minute collective panic attack and absence of leadership.

Paddy

Why did Ederson not boot the ball into the crowd. It was the logical thing to do

gavin

He never does and nor should he. He's been great with his distribution this season and that has been a key part in how we've been playing. Stick with it. It has got us where we are.