News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

new permanent home

Started by gavin, November 01, 2014, 14:02:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Lekos

Swiss

Took a while for the activation link to actually work!

Missing the city emoticons too >:(

Kilkenny Blue

Mike

Quote from: gavin on November 01, 2014, 21:53:04
As we're more than likely going to stay here now suggestions are welcome on improvements.

Any chance of the 'all' option to view entire threads coming back Gav?  This clicking through pages is more of an effort than I've become accustomed to! ;D

reddishblue

Baggsy being a mod moving this topic to 'technical mancs'.

Stephen Paul

Lekos

Stephen Paul

gavin

The 'All' option is back and I will get our emoticons back again at some stage. But first I must ask the host to move us back to shared hosting so there may be more disruption from early this morning through tomorrow but once we are sorted then there will hopefully be no more disruption.

Still not heard anything from the host about how they managed to corrupt our database and why they have done nothing about it yet either by the way.

Lekos

Don't worry Gav, we blame you

Victoria

Quote from: gavin on November 02, 2014, 18:04:33
The 'All' option is back and I will get our emoticons back again at some stage. But first I must ask the host to move us back to shared hosting so there may be more disruption from early this morning through tomorrow but once we are sorted then there will hopefully be no more disruption.

Still not heard anything from the host about how they managed to corrupt our database and why they have done nothing about it yet either by the way.

incompetence that is what it is; shoot the bastards :)

gavin

Right Dreamhost screwed us again so we are now hosted on a slightly different domain name - forum2.citymancs.com. The site is now hosted using a different host, nicely called bluehost. Dreamhost now only do the DNS which I am hopeful they can't fuck up too badly. I may switch this away from them in the near future anyway. But hopefully for the foreseeable future no further changes will be necessary.

goat

you do know no fucker understands any of this gav?

this is the site with stevie on dont forget

gavin

Well lets put it this way - there's a lot less for Dreamhost to fuck up now! Seems a bit quicker with bluehost to me anyway.

goat

so are we staying or going or what?

Stephen Paul

goat

you are not the birmingham 6 stevie

gavin

goat