News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Corners

Started by gavin, January 31, 2015, 22:24:16

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

The management must surely come up with something to make them more effective for us. It is getting ridiculous now. I wonder how many corners we've had this season and how many we've scored from them.

goat

they were no better under mancini

hughes
sven
etc
etc

last decent one was by hinchcliffe proably

Zabba

Corners do not deliver as often as fans think, mind that said we must be bottom of the corner goals chart and most of ours are absolutely shockingly bad.

I thought the corner plan  management came up with today, to sort this out, was to play it short to someone (i.e. accept that we are shit and cannot take a corner).

Ludo

I an accept that corners don't produce goals as much as fans might think or like but it would be nice if, every once in a while, one of ours got past the first defender.

Tricky Trev

I have no statistics to back this up, but as long as I been watching city it's always seemed like an issue. One of the many classic city things.

zacc

well been a consistent chant from supporters WNSFCS ???

gavin

For a couple of years at least we had scored the most from corners albeit from a large number more than most others but this season we are just hopeless.

zacc

Quote from: gavin on February 01, 2015, 20:01:20
For a couple of years at least we had scored the most from corners albeit from a large number more than most others but this season we are just hopeless.

yup gone backwards to usual waste of an opportunity. ::)

bluebrendan

It's got to the stage where I'd prefer a throw-in or even a goal-kick.  :headbang:

Swiss

Apparently we've scored from 2 corners this season!

4 Penalties and 1 crossed free kick.

3 of our goals have been headers

Lekos

I'm pretty sure I heard on 5 Live on Sunday we've taken 170 corners without scoring (this season) or not scored from the last 170.  Something to that effect.  Either way, it's pretty shit.

Average is a goal per 10 corners.

zacc

Quote from: Swiss on February 03, 2015, 23:30:38

well knock me down with a feather! ;D

Ludo

The opposition have probably scored from more of our set pieces than we have

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on February 04, 2015, 09:58:26

The opposition have probably scored from more of our set pieces than we have

That is a fact. Off the top of my head Stoke and Chelsea at home - both goals were breakaways from our set-pieces.

Demichelis scored from a corner at Arsenal but I can't think of another if we're supposed to have scored from two.