News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City v The Tigers

Started by 93:2012, February 07, 2015, 14:11:59

Previous topic - Next topic

andy1966

Quote from: Zabba on February 07, 2015, 16:53:59
A dismal dreadful draw.

Absolutely woeful performance which has been the norm this season.

Pelle must now come under serious scrutiny as must some of these players.
quite a few of the players are the same title winners of past seasons , it has to be a managerial / motivational issue

Ah well there's always next year !

Ludo

Thank The Lord for Jimmy Milner.

BongoBlue

well at least it brings back memories of our pre-takeover general shitness.

lee

you cant blame the manager when theres shit players like navas,nasri,dzeko,fernanado playing can you?

gavin

Reminded me a lot of watching Frank Clark's team only more frustrating because they are good players. The manager has to sort it or be replaced in summer. Not good enough in any respect today. Disgraceful.

Ludo

Quote from: lee on February 07, 2015, 18:25:34
you cant blame the manager when theres shit players like navas,nasri,dzeko,fernanado playing can you?

You can if he bought half of them

Zabba

Quote from: lee on February 07, 2015, 18:25:34

The manager picks players, team, tactics and motivates players he has to share blame when they play like they do not give a shit. Even Sergio looked average and that really speaks volumes about our set up and play.

Our defending is comical at times. If Pelle is not to be held to account, bearing in mind it is his job to hold players to account (and drop them) who is to be held to account?

Neil Mcnab

A poor performance. A big clearout needed in the summer, which may also mean another relatively poor season next time. Dzeko, Jovetic, Navas, Toure and Nasri to go. Mangala might come good, but at over 30 million, shouldnt he be nearly the finished article, not a rough diamond?

andy1966

" Even Sergio looked average and that really speaks volumes about our set up and play.
"I saw Sergio  on the box walking off after the game , he didn't even have a sweat on

lee

nasri is a frustrating fooker..always has to have that extra touch

alexsam

Shocking today

Nasri lucky not be sent off, at the end he was trying to fight with a Hull player

Zabba

Pelle saying City not playing well in attack.

Well that has been obvious for weeks now but attack is not the problem, nor defence, nor midfield, it is organisation is the problem. All our players are underperforming because we are all over the show defence, midfield and attack. Players have lost confidence in our set up. Sideward passing around the halfway line, funnelling the ball down the wings to not cross, taken the extra touch when not needed, killing forward momentum; on the few occasions we have it.

The whole team set up is crap and we rely far too often on moments of individual class and walking the ball into the net. We allow teams all day to get 10 men behind the ball while we count how many side and backwards passes we can make.

Pelle is responsible for that. He needs to sort it out and bring belief in the system back to players.

bluebrendan

Yet another defensive shambles gifts the opposition a goal, this time the starring roles were Hart and Demichelis. Can't the manager and the coaching staff get to grips with it??

Then in midfield we had Fernando and Fernandinho exercising no control whatsoever and repeatedly giving the ball away. Why Fernandinho stayed on the field for 90 mins is beyond me when we were chasing the game.

Ludo

I think we had so many substitutions to make that leaving Fernandinho on was the lesser of two evils.

Fernando had another shocker, Silva never really got going, Nasri was wasn't really at the races - probably due to his recent lay off- and Dzeko was just....Dzeko.

Lekos

Dzeko is a bloody enigma. Might have Bony and Yaya available for Stoke I guess.

gavin

Nah, they won't be played in that. The players we had available today should be good enough anyway. I'd like to see them perform somewhere near their potential next time. Any team can lose games but that was simply unacceptable today.

Lekos

Not to mention 'boro, Arsenal, Burnley, Stoke

Rowley Birkin QC

Oh dear... hard to find anything positive to say about that performance (to say the least!)  Although Milner's free kick was sensational! I'm sure goat appreciated it.

Not sure how a team of quality players like ours can see so much of the ball and yet do so little with it. Sometimes, when an opponent packs everyone behind the ball, you just have to get the ball in there quickly (and often!) and not worry about losing possession inside their penalty area. And run at defences - try and create some panic, try to make stuff happen. Again - don't worry about things breaking down. Just re-set and go again. Slow, deliberate, and predictable build-ups are not your friend when you are chasing a game.

We were awful

Ludo

Lekos

We have a lot of it...We just don't use it. Reminds me of arsenal over the last few years, just trying to walk the ball into the net.