News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Zinchenko

Started by KunDB, March 02, 2019, 21:23:38

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

What an incredible example he is to academy players on how to succeed.

It has to be said in an epic week for City, retaining the Carabao Cup, and winning two Premier League games, all in seven draining exhausting days, Zinchenko has played a massive star part in those games.

A player that was to be shipped out on loan or sold to Wolves last summer who stood firm and said I'm staying and I'm going to fight for a place in the first team. He is worth a lot more money now, as well as being an important part of the first team.

A player played out of position by Guardiola initially on a piecemeal basis, who has grabbed those flimsy opportunities and has got better and better and is starting to shine every game now.

Well done to Zinchenko, quite an achievement. A perfect example of how to be ready for any crumb of a chance then grabbing it with both hands.

gavin

Also a prime example of how baffling Pep can be. He hadn't played for weeks before the Chelsea home game. To be brought in for such a big game was very surprising. He was a key component in that big victory but I don't think anyone saw it coming.

Neil Mcnab

His contract is up next year. Big decisions to make. A few games might sway him, surely not?

Stephen Paul

Outstanding the last couple of games

Lekos

Great young player. I hope he keeps progressing and stays with us for a while, but he's from the Shakhtar Donetsk academy, not City's. He joined us when he was 18 or 19.

Moz

Quote from: Lekos on March 03, 2019, 18:33:14
Great young player. I hope he keeps progressing and stays with us for a while, but he's from the Shakhtar Donetsk academy, not City's. He joined us when he was 18 or 19.
1.7 million, what a bargain!

goat

will he ever play in his actual position tho?

Moz

Quote from: goat on March 03, 2019, 19:23:03
Probably not

Ludo

Quote from: goat on March 03, 2019, 19:23:03

Maybe left back is his position and he's only just realised...