News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

CL Qtr Final

Started by KunDB, April 17, 2019, 18:53:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

In all, Peps selection in the first leg was pathetic and was the overall in our downfall along with Kuns missed pen. We played well tonight but I would have had Sane starting...

Hesperus

Gutted x 10.

Fucking spurs. No other team I’ve hated more since ‘81.

Rowley Birkin QC

I am still puzzled by the first VAR review. During the normal coverage we were briefly shown the footage from the reverse angle that seemed to clearly show the contact with the arm. But we weren't shown it again....  And when the ref went to the monitor he was only shown the one angle from the side the corner was taken from, which was inconclusive. You could clear see what he was looking at on the screen. Why doesn't he get all the footage?

Mr K

Gutted, but the crowd did us proud. Just win the fucking domestic treble now, we'll do the Champs League next year!! I actually think the players will be seriously up for it! Finally, Raheem Sterling, how much is he worth now? - player of the season, without doubt.

Rowley Birkin QC

Quote from: Hesperus on April 17, 2019, 22:21:28
Gutted x 10.

I hate them. Lived a charmed life. Never relegated in the modern era. Their entire, bumptious fan base have no idea what REALLY supporting a team through thick and thin means. Rarely met a Spurs fan who wasn't a mouthy, cocky bastard. They've briefly fallen in the shit a few times (financial scandals etc) only to miraculously and rapidly reinvent themselves - with another 'redemption story' and a domestic cup win somewhere. Always cheered on by an adoring London based sports media. Audacious signings that always seem to come off - Ardilles, Villa, Kilnsmann. Really shits me.

lee

Quote from: Hesperus on April 17, 2019, 22:21:28
Gutted x 10.

^this

lee

Quote from: Rowley Birkin QC on April 17, 2019, 22:46:19
I hate them. Lived a charmed life. Never relegated in the modern era. Their entire, bumptious fan base have no idea what REALLY supporting a team through thick and thin means. Rarely met a Spurs fan who wasn't a mouthy, cocky bastard. They've briefly fallen in the shit a few times (financial scandals etc) only to miraculously and rapidly reinvent themselves - with another 'redemption story' and a domestic cup win somewhere. Always cheered on by an adoring London based sports media. Audacious signings that always seem to come off - Ardilles, Villa, Kilnsmann. Really shits me.

well said ken

gavin

Shafted. If the ref doesn't get us then VAR will. You have to hand out to Uefa they've sorted it.

Neil Mcnab

On the team performances, usually reliable Laporte had a bad few touches which cost us badly. David Silva, the class act he has been was anonymous and given his recent similar performances, deserves to be "rested". Kompany hardly plays, then straight in, bound to be cobwebs. Mendy, though we had little choice, was the same. Unsure what Stones and Sane need to do to get a start. What of Dinho as well?