News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

I hate o say it but:-

Started by Paddy, November 27, 2019, 03:25:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

I cannot see us as winning any silverware this season apart from the charity shield, sadly to say...

Stephen Paul

Hesperus

I’m a bit of a pessimist, hard not to be when you’ve supported City for 46 years. I think the team is suffering from key injuries, drop in form of some of our ageing players and a poor summer transfer window when CB cover was not recruited. The difference in our form from last season to this is pronounced. Although I don’t like to admit it, I too think we’ll struggle to win silverware this season. We’re no where near good enough for the CL. The squad needs some fairly expensive upgrades unfortunately.  Given the amazing trophy haul we’ve taken since winning the FA cup, I’m not going to throw my toys out of the pram, I can take a season not winning anything, and still enjoy the best football I’ve ever seen.

Paddy

I have supported City since 1956

gavin

If Liverpool can win it and Spuds can reach the final then we are very capable of winning the Chumps. I'd rather win the league again personally but that to me looks more difficult right now.

Paddy

I like your optimism Gavin but i don't share it. Lack of a cb and to many injuries

Paddy

First time I had seen a televised cup final aka black and white, before that it was stockport county at the end of my street

Neil Mcnab

No chance in the league, but decent chance in the cups.

Stephen Paul

The scousers will lose at least one league game before xmas , trust me

lee

hope your right stevey..be fookin beautiful if the wheels fell off

gavin

It'd be a monumental collapse for them to lose it from here. Be fucking brilliant though.

Stephen Paul

we can only hope , hopefully they will drop points over the festive period and we with have them at the Etihad

goat

liverpool will collapse like a belgian wall

Swiss

KunDB

City fan from birth 1956.

I’ve seen it all. I wouldn’t be too despondent bad first half of season doesn’t mean bad second half. While I realistically feel the PL is over for us I think we may be fresher than the last two seasons for a charge at the CL. Laporte will be back fresh and ready to go.

We are more than good enough with this squad.

goat

Quote from: Swiss on December 07, 2019, 19:15:53
Not a dutch wall?

unless the dutch annexed heysel stadium , no tone