News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

City EDS

Started by CTID88, February 18, 2015, 23:09:48

Previous topic - Next topic

CTID88

Just watched them for the first time tonight at Carrow Road. Gotta say we are a couple years away from having a decent youth side as Norwich are up there with one of the better sides. But based on tonight I think we have a future gem in Angus Gunn. Good keeper. Personally I think he'll be, or should be, our no.1 after Hart. Bit disappointed in Pozo. Looks quite lazy. Anyone think any of our EDS squad has what it takes to break through into our first team?

gavin

Not seen much of the recent lot. A bit ironic going to see Angus Gunn play for City against Norwich. His father was a great keeper for them. I see MCFC lost 2-1. Not great if the keeper was your MOTM too!

Hesperus

Im being very critical but from what I've seen of Pozo he looks a long way off premier league standard. If he is the best the EDS has to offer then there wont be much homegrown talent breaking into the first team any time soon.

Personally i think it will be at least another 5 years before the Etihad campus starts to produce the quality we need.

zacc

Just watched them v Schalke in the youth UEFA game apparently their toughest test so far.
Good experience for them and Veira.
Liked the way they did knuckled under and managed to get back in to the game after 20-25 mins.
Were much better in the second half not sure if did the usual a switch off at the end to let them equalise,
or were tiring?
Iheanacho dissapointing going off after 5 minutes of play! ???
Good to see they did better though in the penalties!!  ;D

Swiss

Did Nacho get injured?

bluebrendan

Quote from: Swiss on February 28, 2015, 12:05:09
Did Nacho get injured?

Yes, took a knock on the ankle, I think it was the one he had injured previously so went off as a precaution.