News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pep says.... No transfers in Jan and Fernandinho stays in defence

Started by Hesperus, December 03, 2019, 14:17:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Hope he is kidding!

Jan signings are notoriously difficult but I’d at least hope we’re looking at some options.

I have to say I don’t agree with Pep on Fernandinho playing in defence, it really hasn’t worked so far. Defence looks dodgy and the midfield looks laboured. I’d rather we had a dodgy defence and a more dynamic midfield with Fernandinho in it.

KunDB

We should know by now Pep doesn't do short term panic buying.

In my opionon we can take Pep at his word, there will be no January signings and Fernandinho will remain in defence.

I admire this rational long term approach. We only buy players who fit the long term plan specifications and price and terms are right.

That can be frustrating but it will produce better long term results and returns in terms of performances and trophies.

I would like to see Fernandinho and Laporte together in defence, and I suspect that might be the plan aimed at winning the CL.

Hesperus

You could be waiting a long time to see Laporte and Fernandinho play together. Laporte reckons up-to 2 months before he’s back I training!

I just think I’d rather see Stones and Ota or Garcia at CB and move Fernandinho back into midfield. Doesn’t look like Peps going to budge though.

KunDB

I was hoping Garcia would be given his chance, but that jus wont be happening despite last nghts sub appearance.

gavin

On the whole I reckon Fern is decent in defence and will improve as he gets used to it. My concern has been more with the form of Stones and Ota. Seems Pep can't make his mind up between them either. Rodri had his best game yet last night which was very encouraging and I think it would be a mistake to start playing Fern there again now.

lee

pep just does not rate stones..cash in on him in the summer and get a cb in he actually likes

Hesperus

Yep, despite early promise Stones isn’t going to make the standard needed at City.

KunDB

Quote from: lee on December 04, 2019, 16:12:03
pep just does not rate stones..cash in on him in the summer and get a cb in he actually likes

Spot on. Same for Otamendi Pep doesn’t fully trust him and I agree

goat

january is a nightmare

top player still in the chumps
top players not in the chumps will be likely cup-tied

benjani

goat

dont come crying to me when alan kernaghan rocks up on new years day