News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Wrong guy sent off

Started by Zabba, March 01, 2015, 10:59:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Zabba

Wes Brown sent off for John O'Shea foul. Laughable but mistakes can happen.

So bad enough the ref cocked up the sending off but then the professional referees' body decides to compound his stupidity by publically defending his decision claiming he had got it right.

Any wonder referees are losing the confidence of supporters in their ability. It has been obvious that the standard of refereeing has been declining over the last few years.

"Sunderland defender Wes Brown's sending-off against Manchester United was not a case of mistaken identity, says the professional referees' body."

STORY LINK 

gavin

They are getting worse not better. They were actually better when they weren't professional.

zacc

OShea took his arm band off to give another player then had to take it back due to the ref insisting it was Brown. :o

bry the guy

Mistaken identity my arse,one of them is white and the other is orange.

goat

:D

not bad that bry

to be fair they are both shit

Zabba

Neil Mcnab

Surprised the referee wasnt shouting "put down the gun".

Zabba

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on March 02, 2015, 20:55:08
Surprised the referee wasnt shouting "put down the gun".

Lol

bluebrendan

Quote from: bry the guy on March 01, 2015, 15:44:14
Mistaken identity my arse,one of them is white and the other is orange.

I bet the ref thinks that dress is blue and black.

silvablue

Stoke v Hull Stevie Ireland went in heavy (with intent) early on on Meyler, not even a yellow.

How could the officials miss this bit of nastiness. I thought at the time retribution will be forthcoming for sure.

Before half time Figueroa delivered with his studs following through to Ireland's calf ripping it open.

Once again totally missed by the officials. Absolutely dreadful officiating.

That said it emphasises the need for referees to be supported by a fourth video official.