News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

PL Season could be lost

Started by Stephen Paul, March 29, 2020, 05:32:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

But they say it will be good for the nation to play the league out on TV

Not so sure about that

It seems to be one rule for the working class and the rest can do whatever the fuck they want 

Neil Mcnab

If you work at Asda you have been working through it, at a hospital exposed to it on a daily basis. PL footballers will have the best of the best. None will have bat flu when they play. There is risk in everything, get on with it I say.

lee

How can anyone think about football when this is still going on? It KILLS and has devastating consequences.
Trust me i know!

Gareth

Quote from: lee on May 24, 2020, 19:42:49
How can anyone think about football when this is still going on? It KILLS and has devastating consequences.
Trust me i know!

Point is, they're not thinking about football. It's about the "content" they agreed to sell to broadcasters (worldwide), that they have to find a way to provide or else they have to give the money back. That specific consequence is regarded as more devastating than all the others put together.

KunDB

Quote from: Neil Mcnab on May 24, 2020, 14:48:50
If you work at Asda you have been working through it, at a hospital exposed to it on a daily basis. PL footballers will have the best of the best. None will have bat flu when they play. There is risk in everything, get on with it I say.

And they (Supermarket, NHS, Care Home & Domiciliary staff, Bus and Train staff, plus more) have not been properly protected. Resulting in many many of them dying or suffering life changing disabilities. The stats show these very poorly paid and poorly protected workers on bottom rung minimum wage incomes, disproportionately BAME, suffered the greatest consequences of the virus 🦠 pandemic.

The PL or any other sport should not be adding stress to the NHS or consuming PPE resources that even now Care Homes and many NHS staff have and are being denied. To call it 'Bat Flu' shows a total ignorance of this deadly virus, and you cannot know PL footballers will not be carrying it when playing this physical close contact sport as testing no matter how extensive only reduces (not eliminates) risk and players can be asymptomatic.

We know Care Homes still have insufficient PPE and staff and patients have still not all been tested and retested. We also now know nearly a third of tests performed on NHS and Care Home staff have returned incorrect results (people with Coronavirus returned as negative and occasionally vice-versa) and the number of tests carried out have been subject to extensive double counting and creative accounting by this government.

As Troy Deeney stated, it is too dangerous to get a hair cut but physical contact football is fine.

Your statement could be interpreted as society not having given a toss for the welfare of some of societies poorest as being a good and handy excuse for the PL to carry on the PL. The reality is the reason for playing on is financial grounds alone 'No Refund of TV Money' and nothing to do with national morale other than a cover excuse.

The government want it to restart solely to distract from their gigantic incompetence and failings (Lockdown too late, Test, Trace & Isolate abandoned, Care Homes exposed to virus by Hospitals not testing patients being dis charged to them) in this crisis. The result of this incompetence has been over 60,000 deaths (not the 5pm daily stated total of near 37,000 currently). The daily briefings seek to hide this true figure (and now their comparison charts for the UK v other countries because they now show the UK is the worse in Europe).

The PL money can be recouped later through future TV contracts the 60,000 plus lost lives are loved ones lost and gone forever. Many of the survivors will forever more live with the disabilities the disease has caused them.

Neil think again.

Rowley Birkin QC

Hard to see how this will work if teams suffer outbreaks and get quarantined for two weeks at a time. Fixture list will be chaos, or teams will be making up numbers with reserves and school boys ?

Over here we are going to attempt to restart our Australian Rules season next month, with teams now in quarantine lock down in various sports/hotel complexes around the country in preparation. Provisional fixture list released today, but many suspect it will all grind to a halt if the virus breaches two or three of these quarantine 'hubs'.