News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Pellegrini and the predictable press speculation

Started by Rowley Birkin QC, March 03, 2015, 11:30:56

Previous topic - Next topic

goat

Lekos

Wouldn't say Blanc setting the league on fire (even when they won the league last season, by a fair margin) in a country where every club is broke and only one team is spending big money.  By that reckoning we may as well get Ronny Deila in. 

Lekos

Was he in charge of France when they went out of the world cup in 2010 with one point?

bluebrendan

I'd be happy if Ancelotti came, his teams play decent football and he's managed successfully in the Prem before.

silvablue

Ancelotti would be fine. It would not be a surprise if Pellegrini's fate was sealed after the Liverpool defeat, much like Mancini's was after the Wigan loss.

Who knows an approach to Ancelotti may have already been made to sound him out.

Hesperus

Slaven Bilic? Young, knows English football, could be a decent shout.

Rowley Birkin QC

Slaven Bilic! Where is he now? Did a good job as Croatian national coach but I can't see him appearing on the radar of the City money men. As a player the main thing I remember him for is taking a dive and getting Laurent Blanc sent off in the 1998 World Cup (Blanc missed the final as a result). Young he may be, but we all know managing City will age him prematurely!

We're all just have a bit of fun here of course. Most of these names are well behind the two or three 'prime suspects'. Considering contract length and where they all are at the moment I would say Ancelotti is the most likely - and like Brendan, I'd be happy with that.

Rowley Birkin QC

Lekos

Interesting to note, despite our dire, lacklustre displays of late; we are actually two points better off than the same fixtures last season.

Ludo

And like last season we're relying on a massive slip up from someone else.

Zabba

Quote from: Lekos on March 03, 2015, 22:11:40
Interesting to note, despite our dire, lacklustre displays of late; we are actually two points better off than the same fixtures last season.

Comparing our points tally after 27 fixtures this season to last season we are 5 points worse off.

2013/14 P27 60pts

2014/15 P27 55pts

goat

Quote from: Lekos on March 03, 2015, 16:32:38
Wouldn't say Blanc setting the league on fire (even when they won the league last season, by a fair margin) in a country where every club is broke and only one team is spending big money.  By that reckoning we may as well get Ronny Deila in.

wasnt actually saying i wanted him you massive bum wizard

Lekos

Quote from: Zabba on March 03, 2015, 22:53:09
Quote from: Lekos on March 03, 2015, 22:11:40

Comparing our points tally after 27 fixtures this season to last season we are 5 points worse off.

2013/14 P27 60pts

2014/15 P27 55pts

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. My stat is based on the same fixtures from last season, not number of games played. E.G.
Stoke away this season, vs stoke away last season.

Capiche?

Ludo

How'd we do against QPR, Burnley and Leicester last year?

Lekos

In that instance best promoted club replaces the best relegated club, second best replaces the second best etc.

Lekos

Quote from: goat on March 04, 2015, 00:16:57
Quote from: Lekos on March 03, 2015, 16:32:38

wasnt actually saying i wanted him you massive bum wizard

Yeah you were. You bloody love the french

goat

nah, the french are just the greeks with shaved shoulders

Rowley Birkin QC

According to several sources today, Diego Simeone has turned down a contract extension at Atletico.

...or is "stalling" on talks (depending on which story you read)

Naturally, many of these same sources have drawn identical conclusions regarding his pending arrival in Manchester.  ;)

Still has two years left on his contract even without the extension - so we'd be spending a pretty penny to buy that out. Ancelotti might turn out to be cheaper!