News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Semi Final v Arse

Started by gavin, July 18, 2020, 19:02:16

Previous topic - Next topic

gavin

XI | Ederson, Walker, Garcia, Laporte, Mendy, Gundogan, D Silva (C), De Bruyne, Mahrez, Jesus, Sterling.

Subs | Carson, Stones, Zinchenko, Bernardo, Rodrigo, Fernandinho, Cancelo, Otamendi, Foden.

Think I'd have preferred Fern or Rodders to Gundo and Foden to Mahrez. But I'm sure Pep knows best.

Stephen Paul

KunDB

Strong bench

Bernardo, Rodrigo, Fernandinho, Cancelo, Foden  All unlucky not to start.

C'mon City lets end this beautuiful week on an even more beautiful winning note and a place in the FA Cup final.

gavin

Poor start indeed. So easy to create chances against us when they actually get in our half.

Hesperus

Piss poor so far. Should be 2 down rather than 1. Big test for us now. We have a bad record when we go behind.

KunDB

Was our Christmas party last night?

Limp performance first half. No urgency or tempo.

gavin

Changes need to be made either tactically or with different personnel. This game could go away from us quick the way it is. Arsenal look under little pressure at the back and we look like conceding every time they attack.

Hesperus

Arsenal better than us tactically and physically so far. Areteta has done a good job on us. Big half for us now. This will show the character of the team. To many of our team in the first 45 have underperformed.

KunDB

Get shot if Mendy. Defending like that is not a liability it’s a gift that keeps coming to opponents. Bye bye CL hopes.

KunDB

Disappointing result. But you can’t always win

Hesperus

Well, If this our best back 5 then that is the end of our season. No chance in the CL. 

This team needs a lot spending on it.

Very disappointed with that display tonight can’t say anyone played well, and that’s a big  issue given it was an FA cup semi.

goat

Quote from: KunDB on July 18, 2020, 21:21:13
Get shot if Mendy. Defending like that is not a liability it’s a gift that keeps coming to opponents. Bye bye CL hopes.

Nevermind his defending, how fucking awkward did he look on the ball? Even a 5 yard pass he made look hard work

gavin

It is very hard to see us winning the Chumps after a performance like that. A performance we have seen so many times this season. When we go behind it all too often then becomes a case of defence v attack where the attack just does not look like scoring at all. I don't think anyone would say that we would have scored if the game had gone on for another hour. Just like Southampton, just like so many games. Bloody frustrating.

KunDB

Quote from: goat on July 18, 2020, 21:47:33
Nevermind his defending, how fucking awkward did he look on the ball? Even a 5 yard pass he made look hard work

He can’t defend, pass or cross a ball. 

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on July 18, 2020, 21:49:18
It is very hard to see us winning the Chumps after a performance like that. A performance we have seen so many times this season. When we go behind it all too often then becomes a case of defence v attack where the attack just does not look like scoring at all. I don't think anyone would say that we would have scored if the game had gone on for another hour. Just like Southampton, just like so many games. Bloody frustrating.

The defence is rarely tested. When it is it is shambolic. Keep Laporte and build a defence around him.

Hesperus

No pace at the back is a big problem. This has been a very frustrating season. 9 league defeats is unacceptable.

Not good enough I’m afraid Pep. Will the board give him money this summer if he’s only going to stay one more season?

lee

boring as fook..

mendy wont be left back next season..he's wank the dog

bluebrendan

Mendy and Walker have pace but not a brain cell between them on that showing.

Gundogan as the link between defence and attack slows play down too much, we were very laboured moving the ball either side of the halfway line.

We're going to have to rebuild half the team, I hope I'm wrong but I can't see us winning the title next season.

gavin

I think anyone can see that the defence is a big problem but more perplexing is that this team that scores so many goals struggles so badly to come from behind. Pep really has to solve this conundrum. I love Pep's tactics but I do find myself thinking 'bring Edin on FFS' at times. We really need something different to break down packed defences under these circumstances.

Stephen Paul

Mendy always looks in two minds when on the ball , or maybe its just me