News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Too much...

Started by Paddy, August 25, 2020, 02:32:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

attention placed on midfield; Long ball games negate the midfield, and in our case leave us open at the back. It is ok playing out from the back if you have a balanced team: We don't, we are weak at the back, strong in midfield and virtually no recognised strike force. This seems to be Pep's only tactic, It was great when we had Vinny in support and Yaya, box to box and reasonable young Silver and Kun. Sadly they are all ghosts of the past, (Kun soon to join them). What i want to know is "WHERE R THEIR REPLACEMENTS". ?????. Cannot see any. Maybe it is time to starting to trust our youths...

Swiss

how many 'Pep out' threads are you going to start :-D

Are you really advocating going back to 442 and long ball style, 19870/80s football?

silvablue

The problem in defence is we have placed too much trust in potential (eg Stones) and not enough on experience. Also we have lacked sufficient quality within the squad to cover defensive injuries. Even an average PL manager could see we were vulnerable to long balls over midfield and fast pace wingers and strikers (Like Vardy).

It is being addressed this window and then we can carry on playing Pep's beautiful football while winning more trophies.

We have also been hammered by bad luck (eg Lsporte injury, Sane injury), but that iis football and why it is so hard to win the PL three seasons in consecutive. Onwards and upwards, I trust Pep and the City management.

gavin

We were similar in Pep's first season and he sorted it big time in his second. I'll bet he has his thinking cap on.

Paddy

Gavin. on recent displays, think he is running out of ideas and not being pushed due to the boards complacency