News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

You might have noticed

Started by Paddy, August 25, 2020, 03:28:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

by my recent posts that i think we need a change of manager. From a top manager, results have been diabolical. Maybe Spurs ex might be a good fit, he would have been excellent had he had the transfer budget he would get here....

lee

Stephen Paul

what are you smoking these days Paddy

gavin

Pep should stay as long as he wants.

Stephen Paul

I think he made a huge team selection error against Lyon but he will not make the same mistake twice

Hesperus

Quote from: stephenmcfc on August 25, 2020, 09:09:07
but he will not make the same mistake twice

Not sure about that Stephen. He’s made tactical issues in the knock round of the CL for a few years now. The away leg at Liverpool particularly sticks in my memory. However, I’d rather have no other manager that Pep. Anything else is a downgrade for sure.

KunDB

Paddy like me you are a very long time City supporter and have enjoyed/suffered the famine of success.

Pep has us drowning in silverware, be patient and enjoy the success the CL will come in due course.

Hope your health is going well Paddy, routing for you to win your battle.

Swiss

OK, Lyon was a mistake. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and there's always the issue with we might not have won with our standard shape.

Which manager has gone through their career not making a mistake?

Even Slur Alex Ferguson made mistakes, look at Evra's home debut when Sinclair ran rings around him. Or the Southampton mauling.

Look at Pellegrini, Mancini, Sven, Keegan, Pearce, Ball, Reid, the professor,  Clarke.... stretching my lifetime memory now!

Which manager in the world hasn't made a mistake?

Its ridiculous to get rid of one of the most highly regarded managers in world football over a knee jerk reaction.

Stability is the key to success.

The liverpool matches I dont remember tactical errors, I remember player errors and dodgy decisions...