News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Is City about to be come the laughing stock:-

Started by Paddy, August 28, 2020, 01:34:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy

According to the BBC CEEFAX, or whatever it is called. City are prepared to offer Garcia, R Silva and Angelino plus 85mill for Messi. I sincerely hope that this is media hype, or football is doomed...

Kilkenny Blue

If that is true, then it's an amazing deal for City!  Garcia is on the way out anyway, Angelino is a fringe player at best and B.Silva, whilst a great player, is not an automatic 1st choice.  A lot would depend on the wage structure etc.  Saying that, commercially it would be massive for City.  On the pitch I have no doubt he'd be an instant success.  He'd be happy at City, he knows and admires a lot of the players and staff.  Young players like Foden would learn so much from him as well! 

gavin

Well certainly football isn't doomed because of the transfer and nor would we be a laughing stock. Having Messi play for us would increase our stock greatly. But I wouldn't like to see B Silva as part of any deal.

Hesperus

Sounds like a load of paper bollox to me. You forgot to add in Jesus too!

I do think this is a re run of the Kaka saga. He’ll end up signing a new deal at Barca and we can say he bottled it. Hopefully we’re not allowing this to stop us from concentrating on our real transfer priorities.

KunDB

Club have denied it empathically. Over on Bluemoon the children are losing sleep and getting hyper excited. 

Don't believe every bullshit post, just wait and see who signs for City, not long to go for that.

Stephen Paul

the sooner this saga is sorted the better

the media are having a field day writing bullshit

Paddy

Just citing it, didn't say i believed it. More like Messi using us as a tool to get his own way at Bacca, Remember him saying that he wouldn't play in Britain because he didn't like the climate "To cold". Wouldn't want him, def passed his sell by date. His arrogant nature and behavior would unbalance the team.

Paddy

Yes i did miss out Jesus and that makes it worse...

lee

Quote from: Paddy on August 29, 2020, 04:24:35
Just citing it, didn't say i believed it. More like Messi using us as a tool to get his own way at Bacca, Remember him saying that he wouldn't play in Britain because he didn't like the climate "To cold". Wouldn't want him, def passed his sell by date. His arrogant nature and behavior would unbalance the team.

Arrogant? Bloke is professional as they come.

Paddy

Yes, arrogant, thinks he is better than the management, he is only a player, paid to play football and nothing else...

lee

Very negative you Paddy old boy...Frank Clark is not our manager now!

Stephen Paul

Quote from: lee on August 30, 2020, 22:05:13
Very negative you Paddy old boy...Frank Clark is not our manager now!

Frank Clarke didn't have much of a personality if I can remember