News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

A couple of howlers from Pep

Started by Stephen Paul, September 28, 2020, 04:38:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

Lyon and now Leicester

The man is human but looking at last nights display and tactics this will happen again

Pep looks half the man he was when he arrived at City . Still coming to terms with the loss of his mother and Arteta moving on haven't helped   

Worrying signs on the horizon

Hesperus

Lyon he made a mess of, Leicester I think was more about the injuries but for sure I think there are more problems than just the defence. 

Peps contract situation. This can’t be helping either behind the scenes or with player moral.

Failure to recruit in positions of obvious weakness. Or signing the type of players that don’t fit into the PL, for Rodri see, Javi Garcia, and Fernando!

Transfer policy in general, despite spending £100 mill for the last few seasons the quality of the first team has diminished drastically. We just don’t have the quality in the first team of Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero any longer.

A playing system that maybe, just maybe is being found out defensively by a host of clubs.

We seem to be making the same mistakes and expecting a different outcome. That’s a definition of something I’m sure....

Warning signs are there for sure, the problem is they have been there for a couple of seasons.

Kilkenny Blue

I hate to say this but I think Peps days are numbered at City.  I was raging after the Lyon game and gobsmacked at his tactics yesterday.  We're too fragile, and dare I say, predictable.  Are we not practicing the fundamentals of defending on the training ground?  OK, I know we're down a lot of players due to injury, but we have a big squad, and taking off Fernandinho when he did was crazy.

As it stands, Pep is doing more to ensure that Liverpool retain the title than Klopp is >:(

Stephen Paul

Its a difficult one with Pep , but sometimes you take a club so far and then its time to move on for the club and Managers sake

Who knows what's going on behind the scenes at City but somethings not right   

KunDB

Clearly we have problems. Dressing room or on the field I’m not sure.

Yesterday was poor just very basic mistakes. The players do not look fit and committed. Against Wolves we done the same second half but got away with it. Today we deteriorated from around 25 minutes. Doing so has become a habit.

Also a habit is letting the opponent get organised in defence before we press, no quick break always straight for the juggler

Biggest problem of all midfield is not defending as it should.

Early season so hopefully these issues will be resolved quickly.

Swiss

This is our greatest ever manager. No, no one is infallible, but still!

Yes, Lyon was a mistake tactically, but Leicester was never a team that would have been picked if the squad was fuller.

We only have to look across the city at our greatest rivals to know stability and longevity are key.

I'm going to swear here, so I apologise, but one of the greatest managers is Alex Fergiscum. Who got it wrong on numerous occasions, did they sack him? No!

Whats more, City don't operate an English model where the Manager is in charge of Recruitment. Yes he'll have some say, but the club will buy who they want.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/911559-manchester-united-their-10-biggest-defeats-under-sir-alex-ferguson.amp.html

Stephen Paul

remember the knives were out for Alan Ball for some reason

Stephen Paul

Not saying for a minute Pep should be sacked but something is not right at the club

Getting hammered at home by a very average side with some players not breaking sweat . Thats not the Pep way

lee

Be right...All be back to normal soon  :D

I just keep pinching myself about where we have come from..Pep does not feck up that much so im not blaming him for yesterday.Was players like Garcia and Mendy (i'll even say Walker) who dont seem to give a shit...Feck em off

reddishblue

This season is one of rebuilding, older players have to be let go and youth encouraged. This side have never played together before in any kind of semblance, most certainly at the back ffs. Also, don't overlook the fact the team selection was forced on Pep. Stop being such miserable knobs, there are huge players to come back yet and maybe a signing or two.

ADUG have a long term vision for City and anyone who can't see that is blind. They don't work on immediate success but long term success and they are not going anywhere soon. We need to step back and think a bit, after all we don't want to become like rags and dippers assuming we have the right to success do we.

CTID

Thing is Pep believes in what he preaches and how he plays. That is his strength and unfortunately occasionally his weakness.

I have no doubt he will sort it out but our transfer policy has to be a bit more flexible, when we really need a player to strengthen an known weakness we have to accept we may have to pay a premium to get them (a one-off exception to our normal transfer policy rule of only paying our assessed price).

reddishblue

Were all wrong "occasionally" aren't we? Me more than most but hey ho.

What is  obviously now needed is a compilation of stats by our resident statistician. It should go something like 'the percentage of times Pep has got it wrong v every other football manager' Or anyone else for that matter.

GO SWISS!

Swiss

V every other football manager?? Dating back to? This could take a while!

Swiss

According to sport bible, Pep is the 4th most successful manager in football history.

8. Jose Mourinho (25 trophies)
8. Ottmar Hitzfeld (25)
6. Luiz Scolari (26)
6. Jock Stein (26)
4. Pep Guardiola (27)
3. Valeriy Lobanovskyi (29)
2. Mircea Lucescu (32)
1. Alex Fergiescum (48)

Stephen Paul

The perfect response will be beating Leeds away  :o

lee

Quote from: stephenmcfc on September 29, 2020, 06:14:26
The perfect response will be beating Leeds away  :o

You know i think we will.They wont let Pep down again and Garcia wont be playing hopefully..Laporte is back,Dias thrown right in and Ake at left back

Stephen Paul

There is a certain section of City fans are not happy at the moment on social media ( young ones )

I am not happy about certain results but I have been to Maine Road . Say no more  ;D

Swiss

Quote from: lee on September 29, 2020, 08:30:47
You know i think we will.They wont let Pep down again and Garcia wont be playing hopefully..Laporte is back,Dias thrown right in and Ake at left back

I'm going to throw a wildcard formation out there.

Ederson

Dias  Ake   Laporte

Mahrez                sterling

Dinho Rodri

KDB  Foden  Silva

Delap

Stephen Paul

Quote from: Swiss on September 29, 2020, 09:50:31

Ederson

Dias  Ake   Laporte

Dinho Rodri

KDB  Foden  Silva

Delap

Impressive

Hesperus

Quote from: Swiss on September 29, 2020, 09:50:31

Ederson

Dias  Ake   Laporte

Dinho Rodri

KDB  Foden  Silva

Delap

Very impressive. Especially if we can get away with the extra 12th man on the pitch!  ;)