News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

In Pep we trust

Started by Stephen Paul, October 25, 2020, 04:33:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephen Paul

but we don't look like title contenders this season 

Swiss

Of course.

And no we don't.

This will be a strange season.

Also, ESPN have been  looking at a "25 year curse".

When losing at HT...

Man City over 25 years

Games played â€" 104 away games
Wins â€" 1 Win
Draws â€" 1 Draw
Losses â€" 90 Losses

Stephen Paul

wish there was another David Silva floating around

Kilkenny Blue

I don't mind City being in a rebuilding phase if we come out of it stronger.  We had a serious issue with an ageing squad, and we were bound to lose some sparkle and flair when those players (like D.Silva & Kompany) left.  The thing is that we've gone through our 1st phase of domination, the trick going forward is to identify players on a constant basis who will replace the older players. We need to have a clear policy of bringing through academy players as well as tracking and bringing in ready made players in the transfer windows.

This is indeed a strange season, but with the right approach City can use it as a learning curve.  I do believe that we'll get a lot stronger as the season progresses.  My only concern would be that the conditional part of the training seriously needs to be looked at as we seem to suffer a lot of niggly injuries a lot more than rival clubs.

Onwards and upwards!

KunDB

Too pessimistic.

Our defence is so much stronger this season, unquestionably. But given the injuries it will take a while for it to settle and partnerships to bond, but it will happen.

Hit and miss up front and our goal scoring has been a bit toothless but that will sort itself out as the season continues.

Pep going at end of season doesn't help but I am still confident we will sooner rather than later start firing on all cylinders again.

onerytk

I also have faith in Pep and would prefer him to anyone else.

The thing that worries me is what the replacement for Arteta is doing and what his input is (he normally slouches around in the dug out looking like he has missed his bus).

Does he even speak English?

gavin

We have to give Pep every chance. I'd keep him till he wants to go. But you have to question how a club that has spent what we have ends up struggling to field a fit striker and has a kid who wants to fook off at centre half.

KunDB

Well I agree with that broadly but I can understand we didn’t want to commit funds to add a third striker. But, we should then fully trust and commit to giving our EDS player third striker a starting eleven chance. Rather than play without a proper striker and just rely on Raheem or Phil as strikers.

Stephen Paul

Arsenal , Chelsea and the rags all struggling and showing no real consistency

Dippers hit or miss

Still long way to go if we can put a decent run of form together 

Neil Mcnab

Is Peps heart in it anymore? Could see him spitting the dummy.

lee

I dont think Pep is the problem.The recruitment has been last and injuries have been absolutely awful.He needs time to build his new team and im 100% behind him unless he plays Gundo and Rodders together  ;D

Paddy

He a bit hit or miss in my opinion

Swiss

Paddy, I'm not sure you'd be happy even if we were winning 100% ofvthe time