News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

you will be lucky to see a fully fit Sergio this side of xmas

Started by Stephen Paul, October 26, 2020, 07:37:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Hesperus

Entirely predictable unfortunately. Strange no one else at the club saw the risk.

KunDB

Seeing the risk and preventing it occurring are worlds apart.

Neil Mcnab

Jesus is a good player, will he be good enough for where we would like to go? No. I guess they would have been on striker search next summer, maybe bring it forward?

Hesperus

Quote from: KunDB on October 26, 2020, 10:25:55
Seeing the risk and preventing it occurring are worlds apart.

That’s the point though.  If you see the risk, you should mitigate against that risk. 

Someone either did not see it as a risk - stupid

Or

Someone saw it as a risk and decided it was not a risk worth mitigating against - also stupid.

lee

We went into the new season with Sergio injured.We all know he gets injured every season and as soon as he's back he's gone again.So with 1 fit senior striker in Jesus we should have really bought another striker.A club with our ambition it's not good enough.

Stephen Paul

Very true , a decent proven striker should have been bought for backup 

KunDB

Quote from: Hesperus on October 26, 2020, 13:16:06
That’s the point though.  If you see the risk, you should mitigate against that risk. 

Someone either did not see it as a risk - stupid

Or

Someone saw it as a risk and decided it was not a risk worth mitigating against - also stupid.

He was brought back slowly, playing only a part of three games, after a prolonged recovery/training programme. That's called mitigating the risk, it is not possible to eliminate the risk.

Hesperus

Quote from: KunDB on October 27, 2020, 09:54:52
He was brought back slowly, playing only a part of three games, after a prolonged recovery/training programme. That's called mitigating the risk, it is not possible to eliminate the risk.

Well that risk mitigation strategy worked out well!

bluebrendan

Quote from: KunDB on October 27, 2020, 09:54:52
I think he was brought back earlier than planned after Jesus was injured, I certainly don't think he should have started 3 games in a week.

KunDB

The three in a row was a bit stupid. That I definitely agree but they were only part games so I guess they thought that would be fine. Wrongly clearly.

Paddy

lee

He does Tony.Very impressed with what i have seen of him so far