News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

Laporte

Started by KunDB, December 20, 2020, 05:24:03

Previous topic - Next topic

KunDB

Has anyone a clue as to why one of our best performers last season has disappeared of the radar this season?

Neil Mcnab

Is he needed at the moment, wherever he is? Great competition for places in defence except at LB. The defence looks pretty much cured. A dynamic midfield general and a striker might help.

gavin

A quality player, it will do him no harm though to realise that no-one walks into the team and he has to return to top form to get in.

KunDB

I agree with Neil and Gavin posts, but it would be great to have a third active centre back.

He wasn’t playing so poorly that he needed dropped so must be other reason (eg attitude, behaviour) which is more worrying as it would be good to have him for injury cover.

That said it is fab to see Stones starting to realise his potential and form a solid partnership with Dias.

lee

Stick him in at left back

bluebrendan

Quote from: lee on December 21, 2020, 14:14:19
Stick him in at left back
We stick most of the squad in at left back so it's just a matter of time.

gavin

Looks at the moment like Dias and Stones were made for each other. Lescott always says that he knew he would never be the best defender at City so he could only aim to be the best partner for Vinny. At the moment, Dias is the best and Stones is the best partner for him. Stick Stones back with Ota or even Laporte again and he'll probably go to shit.

KunDB

Quote from: gavin on December 21, 2020, 21:10:08
Looks at the moment like Dias and Stones were made for each other. Lescott always says that he knew he would never be the best defender at City so he could only aim to be the best partner for Vinny. At the moment, Dias is the best and Stones is the best partner for him. Stick Stones back with Ota or even Laporte again and he'll probably go to shit.

I think this is spot on, Dias is vocal and a leader on and off the pitch and I think Stones responds well to that.

Swiss

Always thought Laporte needs to be a stronger character