News:

When using this site you agree to cookies being used to support forum functions only.

Main Menu

christ, how the mighty have fallen

Started by goat, March 21, 2015, 22:08:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Ludo

If you`re seriously going to compare Hans Segers or Bruce Grobbelaar to the scandals in italian football then there's no point even trying to hold a sensible discussion.

goat

the point was you doubting match fixing would happen in england, i pointed out that it can and has, was no mention of the size of the scandal. if you are going to act a massive cnut when you are wrong... well theres no point in you

Ludo

But weren't all of those you mentioned found not guilty?

goat

Ludo

goat

no there has and as youve probably heard often its lucky size doesnt matter

Unusual betting patterns were reported for a match between Accrington Stanley and Bury on the final day of the 2007â€"08 season. A Football Association investigation resulted in five players, four of whom played for Accrington Stanley and the other for Bury, being charged with betting on a Bury win. Jay Harris was banned from playing for a year, David Mannix for ten months, Robert Williams and Peter Cavanagh for eight months, and Andrew Mangan for five months. Each player was also fined between £2,000â€"5,000.

few others too but billy meredith offering a bloke a tenner would really be taking the piss

some colombian bloke at oldham was up to no good as well

Ludo

Then perhaps tifosi in Milan are more moral than those in Accrington.

goat

the brigate rossonere are lovely lads

fair play to them for going through with it

Ludo

In fairness the Accrington fans have been boycotting football a lot longer

bluebrendan

Quote from: Ludo on March 23, 2015, 12:25:15

I can't remember in the last 30-40 years any major corruption or match fixing scandals in English football.

They just haven't come out yet.

lee

i hate both milan clubs

forza torino :)

goat

lee

yeh steve..
makes it more interesting come derby day

actually i really like napoli because of maradona and more recently hamsik,cavani and levazzi (when them 2 played for them)

goat

were a good team that napoli even if it was just diego and his mates